ITV's Marple put into stories she didn't appear in

edited August 2015 in Miss Marple
What are peoples views on this, that ITV took other AC stories and put Miss Marple in, should they have left them, or should there have been another series of AC that was specifically for non Poirot/Marple stories  
Tagged:

Comments

• tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I hate theses adaptations! Even when they're not per se awful, I think it's a crime when they put Miss Marple in these stories!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Originally I was not keen on them but I have found I can watch some of them again, Murder At The Vicarage, 4.50 From Paddington, The Moving Finger and the Final series and I didn't think By The Picking Of My Thumbs was THAT bad but I mostly hated the series and what they did with the Character and putting Miss Marple in some she shouldn't be in was in the main stupid, I wish they had done that with Sparkling Cyanide which I don't like.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    The one "inserted" episode that I'm the most O.K. with is Endless Night, because it's based on "The Case of the Caretaker," (or "The Case of the Caretaker's Wife" which are Miss Marple short stories.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I agree although I do not like The Novel or the Adaptation it is Appropriate that Miss Marple appear in Endless Night, I suppose it is appropriate that she appear in Murder Is Easy as a lot on this forum think she should have been in the Book.