Tom Adams new book: Uncovered: The Art of Agatha Christie and Beyond

Tom Adams new book titled, Uncovered, subtitled 'The Art of Agatha Christie and Beyond' was launched on Thursday. In the original 1981 book, Agatha Christie Cover Story, over 90 cover paintings were presented with a review by Julian Symons and comments by Tom Adams. The new book has over 78 of the 150 Agatha Christie cover paintings he created, with a review by John Curran and comments by Tom Adams. However, the book covers over 50 years of Tom Adams work as an artist. It really is a remarkable book, a book that the reader will want to browse again and again. The dust jacket informs the reader:

"This is a showcase of the artist's best work from a career spanning more than 50 years. In addition to his many cover paintings, it features examples of Tom's broader work, including award-winning advertising, portraits, album covers, poster prints, and his work on films."

Comments

• Tom Adams gave a brilliant insight into how he created the paintings for Christie book covers at Torquay Museum, as part of the International Agatha Christie Festival. I managed to get Tom to sign my copy of his latest book, and discuss his prints that are still available. (I have three of his prints)