The second murder - Patrick Noakes

TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
edited October 2013 in The Mystery Man Game 2013
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=601597059884236&set=a.592366310807311.1073741827.592357640808178&type=1&theater

Patrick may now have regretted those less than kind words he had for Mystic Margot - if Mystic Margot was the Mystery Man that is. Who do you think it is? Tell us all here, or help fellow Christie fans solve the puzzles, by giving helpful hints (rather than blatant answers).

Comments

• LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    I thought Patrick could be the Mystery Man, due to the fact that he was the only one to mention that the murders were planned by someone else (he said it was Margot), before they even happen. But, having in mind the fact that several photos were taken of him in the photo booth where he was found, I am more likely to think that he has not faked his own death (which I believe the real Mystery Man will do for him/herself).
    I also notice that both Henry and Patrick were shot (taken photos of) after being killed - Henry's photo was put on eBay, and Patrick was snapped where he was found, the photos left behind.
    One fan wrote on facebook that the disguises could mean that Patrick used to disguise himself for fraud in the past. And we already suspect that Henry also blackmailed/drained someone. This is a second similarity I find in both deaths.
  • TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
    Good effort Lyubomir! You're doing a great job getting others to join in and discuss their theories. Thanks for playing.
  • I hope my hints weren't too blatant!  Please let me know if they were. 

It's interesting that Patrick Noakes was found in the photo booth at St. Mary Mead train station.  Perhaps a pattern is emerging?

I can hardly wait for the first vision!

I just saw that the photo booth was in a train station. And we already had trains as a hint/vision for Henry's death. Wonder if this means something?
  • I wonder if the first murder was planned or crime of opportunity. I don't think he was shot, maybe pushed down the stairs.
    About the second murder. A train station and no witnesses? 
  • also the murderer is taking time with the victims.
    taking photos, dressing and posing  them. 
    First victim on ebay, second in train station. PUBLIC PLACES.

• TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom

I hope my hints weren't too blatant!  Please let me know if they were. 

Not at all Delicious Death! You're also doing a great job with your recent activity, it helps others decide to post and join in and this game is at its best when we've got lots of people from all over the world helping each other out. Thanks for playing!
  • Patrick Noakes knows a lot about Mystic Margot: "she lives alone you know, no husband, just her cats for company". I wonder how they've met.

There is a difference though.  The photo booth is a public place and Patrick Noakes' body has been found by the police.

ebay is not a physical place and Henry Birtwistle's body hasn't actually been discovered, which I think is significant.  I want to know where that first murder took place.

• Patrick Noakes knows a lot about Mystic Margot: "she lives alone you know, no husband, just her cats for company". I wonder how they've met.

We have been told that all the victims are residents of St. Mary Mead. It's a small village, so presumably they would all know each other.  This could also account for the fact that there were no witnesses to what happened at the station.  There probably isn't anything going on at a small village station in the dead of night, so plenty of opportunity for the murderer to do the deed.

There is a difference though.  The photo booth is a public place and Patrick Noakes' body has been found by the police.

ebay is not a physical place and Henry Birtwistle's body hasn't actually been discovered, which I think is significant.  I want to know where that first murder took place.

or maybe Henry Birtwistle is not dead at all. Maybe he is the mystery man.

• Maybe the killer was trying to give an idea of the various faces of Patrick.He was disgusted with Margot.Why?
  • I think we should find out (maybe through the visions) Patrick's disguises...and maybe then link them to Margot or  Henry's death 

• He was an artist: maybe Henry paid him to play the role of someone else
    I have one suspicion. I know that I am entering forbidden area with this, but:
    Do we have to trust Margot's powers? I mean, in real life, I will be more likely to think that she knows something about the past of those 7 people and it makes her know that they will be murdered. The fact that she told it publicly makes her think that whoever is the Mysterious Man, (s)he will also hunt her to kill her because of what she knows.
    She also had visions about the past crime everyone committed (or did I get this wrong from the game rules posted on facebook and the visions are about the happening murders?) - these she might know in exactly the same way she knows about their common past and common enemy who is after them.
    Just a harmless idea from my side, I would be glad if others tell me how they perceive Margot's job, so that I can set my mind properly for further "investigation".
  • I think Margot is "searching in the dark". Because if she would really know something concrete she would be the first victim. Either that or she has an accomplice.

• Somehow "Cards on the table" comes to my mind. 
    Shaitana knew about their past. He knew they have commited crimes in the past.
    Maybe Margot is like that in a small way.
    Somehow "Cards on the table" comes to my mind. 
    And I am thinking of "And Then They Were None". I do not know why, I associate it with the current story the most.

• Somehow "Cards on the table" comes to my mind. 
    And I am thinking of "And Then They Were None". I do not know why, I associate it with the current story the most.
    I'm also thinking about "A Murder is announced"

• Patrick said that Margot desperately needs attention.Now he has one.Public place.Why he was so agressive with her?
  • MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    It seems to me that, for now, Mystic Margot might not be involved in the crime from the past, but as her visions become more clear and public, the murderer will find his/her secret in danger and then Margot will become a target.
  • I thought Patrick could be the Mystery Man, due to the fact that he was the only one to mention that the murders were planned by someone else (he said it was Margot), before they even happen. But, having in mind the fact that several photos were taken of him in the photo booth where he was found, I am more likely to think that he has not faked his own death (which I believe the real Mystery Man will do for him/herself).
    I also notice that both Henry and Patrick were shot (taken photos of) after being killed - Henry's photo was put on eBay, and Patrick was snapped where he was found, the photos left behind.
    One fan wrote on facebook that the disguises could mean that Patrick used to disguise himself for fraud in the past. And we already suspect that Henry also blackmailed/drained someone. This is a second similarity I find in both deaths.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you sure the photos found in the booth were photos of his dead body? The report only says photos of Noakes in 'various disguises', so they could be photos of him when alive and in disguise.

Lot of similar elements are giving rise to a pattern.....Trains....dead body never shown..... killings going public....shadows of the past....they all evoke so many of Christie's books

Hope I haven't been too blatant either :)

• Hey guys :)
    Hope you enjoy playing the game as much as I do. I thought about the latest post on the facebook page: "The now deceased Patrick Noakes, along with fellow corpse Henry Birtwistle can be scratched off from the list of suspects." Do you agree with this statement? Do you think that they are off the list? And are they both UNDOUBTEDLY dead?
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    Does anyone think that it can't be Margot because it is the Mystery MAN game?
  • Hi everyone great sharing with you all last night on FB to find the 1st link
    I think the murders are being posted publicly to warn the person who is really the target of the murderer and who is being blackmailed. The other murders are a smokescreen maybe? What do you think
  • First vision is up! 
  • Could he have been a confidence scammer? Or since its written backwards could it be the opposite!
  • MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    maybe he was the one keeping the secret used for some extortion... maybe he's the one mystery man blames for the "crime from the past"
  • edited October 2013

Ha ha, I immediately got very excited because I thought it was a mirror image, but of course it isn't, it's just written backwards ... not the same thing at all. 

This detective work is terribly exhausting.  I'm going to bed.

• Ha ha, I immediately got very excited because I thought it was a mirror image, but of course it isn't, it's just written backwards ... not the same thing at all. 

This detective work is terribly exhausting.  I'm going to bed.

I thought the same at 1st too!