New Agatha Christie blog w/ a focus on Poirot!

Hi all-- I've just started a new blog exclusively dedicated to Poirot fan stuff, including artwork, analysis, humor, and other fun stuff. Check it out: https://poirotblog.wordpress.com

Comments

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Wow!  This looks great!  I will comment more on your posts later.  I really like what I've read so far!
  • SiddharthaSSiddharthaS Michigan, United States

Through HP, AC often voiced her favorite theory: Telling untruths means carrying a burden.  You have to be alert all the time to stay consistent with whatever minor or major lies you may have uttered.  Eventually you slip, and provide clues that lead to the final denouement.  So HP believes in loose talk ultimately revealing the reality and promotes such conversations.  One of the best examples:  "Funerals are Fatal".  From this I concluded that it is so much more easy to not bother to tell stories unless everybody knows up front that you are doing exactly that.  

My 
    Behavioral
     Sciences professor had asked us to read "Five Little Pigs" while talking about the technique of unstructured interviews.  Why?  Because HP uses the technique effectively to get information from unwilling people even when they have nothing to hide, and merely are following their concepts of propriety - to not provide opinions and personal information to strangers.

• SiddharthaS-- was your comment accidentally posted on the wrong discussion thread, perhaps?
  • SiddharthaSSiddharthaS Michigan, United States
    @Hotwater - yes, it was an accidental posting.  Sorry about the distraction. BTW, I liked what you did here.