'Closed Casket' is the new Poirot novel

2»

Comments

• @Agathasmykid I think we should remember that Christie killed Poirot some thirty years before the publication of Curtain his last novel appearance, so, much to her publishers delight, she 'brought him back to life' for her fans. That is a possible 13 further novels!

Perhaps way off topic, the new A.A. Milne story will include a Penguin:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/18/revealed-winnie-the-poohs-forgotten-penguin-friend-to-star-in-ne/ I wonder if fans of Winnie-the-Pooh will object to this? 
  • Closed Casket has reached number four in The Sunday Times top sellers of the week, having crept into the number ten spot last week.
  • I have to say the murder (especially the motive) in this novel was absolutely genius.  It is some Christie herself would have come up with. 
  • I have to say the murder (especially the motive) in this novel was absolutely genius.  It is some Christie herself would have come up with. 
    I meant to add that I think the novel falls short of its potential. I felt like most of the information came about haphazardly and unnaturally. I also felt there could have been more sleuthing rather than just one conversation after another. 
  • CrookedQuinCrookedQuin California, United States
    @joe.petrizzo.7 I agree completely. It is suffering from the same problems as its predecessor, although they have been slightly alleviated.
    I meant to add that I think the novel falls short of its potential. I felt like most of the information came about haphazardly and unnaturally. I also felt there could have been more sleuthing rather than just one conversation after another. 
    I would suggest that the closed room scenario does lead to conversations rather than sleuthing. But, as you say, this story did have rather a lot of talking rather than action - I did take the point up with Sophie and it was a case of, that's where the storyline led her. Perhaps the next book will improve further.