'The Mystery of Hunter's Lodge'

SeaSnapSeaSnap Cornwall, United Kingdom
edited October 2013 in All Poirot short stories
I love this problem from 'Poirot Investigates'. I like the fact that Hastings leaves Poirot in London to investigate solo. Post your comments on it here.

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I love the way he virtually solves it from his bed
  • SeaSnapSeaSnap Cornwall, United Kingdom

So do I, it's just brilliant!

It makes me wonder if ITV or The Beeb did a Sherlock and did a modern version could a sleuth solve a Crime by Information received by Email or text, I would love it if a TV Company did a Sherlock with Poirot or a Christie Character probably not Sherlock as Agatha Christie Killed him off but maybe with a character she didn't kill off.
  • I like this one and Poirot's boastfulness is hysterical!  I do wish that Hasting has got to solve one case at least. I feel rather sorry for him.  

The adaptation is excellent too
    8-|
  • SeaSnapSeaSnap Cornwall, United Kingdom

I also wish Hastings has solved this one. The idea of a crime recieved by Email or Text is quite interesting!

I read this Story yesterday, I was amazed no-one realised the Maid and wife were one and the same then realised that she was the only servant, I like the story, I can imagine someone trying to solve a case with information gained only in a text or email, I suppose most cases are solved with information people have said and very little personal knowledge.
    I agree, I wish Hastings had solved this on, it would be different like the book of short stories Hastings tells except when Poirot tells the Chocolate box story, a departure from the others
  • naylawangnaylawang Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
    I wish poirot gave more "concrete" evidence to prove that the maid and the wife were the same person..For Hastings, he's a very perfect companion for poirot :D
  • ArniePerlsteinArniePerlstein United States
    edited June 2014

• ArniePerlsteinArniePerlstein United States
     "Japp is convinced of the theory but doesn’t have enough evidence to make an arrest. The Haverings inherit their uncle’s fortune but natural justice sets in and the two are soon killed in an aeroplane crash."
    I was reminded of the ending of Curtain--do you think Poirot arranged for that aeroplane  crash, in order to help "natural justice" along  a  little bit? 
  • Yes, it also made me think of Holmes' - the Baskervilles... Only while there Holmes' is very appreciative of Watson's letters and tells him how vital they are to him (even though he ges down and camps on the moors to be on site himself...), Poirot is supremely full of himself. It's hilarious. But poor Hastings... I just lol when reading those responses. It would have been brilliant if ever Hastings solved the case and not Poirot - but even if he solved it, he wouldn't have known! His genius lay in showing the way to Poirot.
    I see what you mean Poirot sending Hastings and in Baskerville's Homes leaving Watson.