New Adaptation

MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom
To be shown on BBC1 Boxing Day.......Fingers crossed !!!

Comments

• i wonder if it will be eerie and frightening, or if they'll play up or invent lots of romances.
  • I've just realised why this book is different, and why it hasn't been done on tv or film very often: there's nobody sympathetic in it. You can't have a love interest between two heartless murderers. Cards on the Table was different. There were human foibles,so it seemed, not this out and out bad.
  • MarcWatson-GrayMarcWatson-Gray Dundee City, United Kingdom
    You quite right Griselda... I don't think any of them had any redeeming factors
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Griselda said:
    I've just realised why this book is different, and why it hasn't been done on tv or film very often: there's nobody sympathetic in it. You can't have a love interest between two heartless murderers. Cards on the Table was different. There were human foibles,so it seemed, not this out and out bad.

I agree with you. In fact, nobody shows any sight of remorse. Most of them would do the same thing again.

I have to say that Miss Brent is a really scary woman!

Still, I think it's her best book!

• I think it probably is her best. I read it when I was a teenager and was engrossed. As an older adult, I've become more impressionable and recoil from characters like that and such a dark concept of retribution. But, gosh, the atmosphere.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    It has been done about 9 times, 2 are either Russian or Indian I can't remember, I have 3 of the others 2 in Black and White and one in Colour with Charles Aznavour, Elke Sommer, Oliver Reed and Richard Attenborough, Herbert Lom has been in 2 of the Films and Stanley Holloway and Shirley Eaton and Fabian have all been in the same one.