Proper Quarter

AdautoAdauto São Paulo/Brazil
Hi All, "The Secret Adversary" book contends a Tommy and Albert dialog as this: "Could you report this in the proper quarter?". Considering it is not related to financial periodic reports, could any reader clearing up what it is supposed to mean? Tks,

Comments

• Quarter just means section, I think; in this instance, it is being used as a general term for place. An alternative might be,'Please report this in the proper department.'. I believe it is a case of a word being used generically. A similar example would be a term we have discussed on the forum in one of our discussions on references to toilet and cloakrooms. In certain AC novels a common mid 20th Century term is used as in 'offices'. That side of the building housed the usual offices.' Offices is used to refer generally to a facility.
  • RichardrobertRichardrobert London,uk
    edited August 2018
    There could be a factor where you mirror for your lifestyles around age 24. At that point you would have spent two many years of your existence in school, any other year to your discern's house seeking out a task and you Cheap Essay Help UK all at once recognize you haven't any clue what you without a doubt want to do with your life.
  • royalcarroyalcar pakistan
    edited September 2018
    Quarter just means area, I think; in this occurrence, it is being utilized as a general term for put. An option may be,'Please report this in the best possible office.'. I trust it is an instance of a word being utilized non exclusively.

• Chill with me:  happy wheels 
  •  geometry dash game hot  
  • royalcar said:
    Quarter just means area, I think; in this occurrence, it is being utilized as a general term for put. An option may be,'Please report this in the best possible office.'. I trust it is an instance of a word being utilized non exclusively.

Interestingly, the word "quarter" meaning "area" crosses languages. In hebrew, the word for quarter in the sense of "one fourth" is "Reva" and the word for quarter meaning area or neighbourhood is "Rova". they stem from the same root - Resh, Vet, Ain. (in hebrew, every word has a root, usually of three letters, and added letters). In hebrew, the source of this duality may be that the old, walled city of Jerusalem has 4 quarters or neighbourhoods - the Christian, the Armenian, the Muslim and the Jewish.
  • A comparable case would be a term we have talked about on the gathering in one of our exchanges on references to latrine and essay writing service | essayChamp cloakrooms. In certain AC books a typical mid twentieth Century term is utilized as in 'workplaces'.