Just Joined!!

New to the site and I'm really impressed by how many people enjoy one of my all time favorite authors. I did discover a new title for myself which I haven't read (thank you very much). "One Two Buckle My Shoe". (or it was published at one time as "The Patriotic Murders" and "An Overdose of Death".  Has anyone read that one? 
Thanks,
Montauk1122

Comments

• Welcome to the community! I read the book, far from being my favorite, but I loved the ending.
  • I wanted to make a comment, but realised, that in so doing,  I'd be giving the plot away. Just to say, then, that as always, with AC, I think the central premise is the finest element - in this case, it is that there is something which can happen in life, especially when you get older. Like having two lives - then and now. The past, as the playwright Julian Mitchell said, 'is another country - they do things differently there.' When you've had time to read it, I will give my verdict on the novel, and it would be great to hear yours. Another nice thing, is that you can imagine the great AC visiting her dentist, waiting in the waiting room, and thinking, "I wonder what would happen if........How would they do it if........"
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Welcome!  I've read all of Christie's published books.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    For e it is an average book, I still have it on my reading list and I like the fact Japp is in it with Poirot without Hastings but I don't look forward to it and I wouldn't take it on Holiday with me or a Desert Island, For me, like some others it is just OK.
  • I have read all of the books several times and my favorites tend to change, but usually I would list Murder on the Orient Express as the best one.  Other favorites include Thirteen at Dinner and A Pocket Full of Rye.  I enjoy some of the less popular titles very much, such as Destination Unknown.  It's much easier to name the books that I dislike, such as Endless Night and Partners in Crime.  To answer your question, Montauk1122, The Patriotic Murders is a good mystery...well written and clever.  It entertains and does its job.  It's not better known because the characters are somewhat dull compared to those in other books.
  • Montauk1122Montauk1122 New York, USA
    To everyone who ofered their good wishes and suggestions thank you.I made a list and will start to read or in some cases reread some titles. Thanks again for your input.
    Just Joined - Montauk 1122