New Agatha Christie Group on Facebook

2»

Comments

• @Annika Year of Agatha is a good blog that i follow ! I will check yours too ! I invite you to join my facebook group if you want and share your passion ! 
  • @Madame_Doyle You seem to have good writing skills and be passionate ! A blog could be a good idea for you ! 
  • AnnikaAnnika United States of America
    @Madame_Doyle @Griselda I think with the advent of new social media in the past 10 years Forums have really gone away which is unfortunate. The are really the only place to interact and have meaningful discussions that are longer than 140 characters. I have been on Facebook for a few weeks and I am honestly befuddled by all the hype. I don't get it. Twitter is more fast-paced and too short for true, dare I say, "intellectual" discussion. I hope Forums start making a comeback otherwise I believe blogs are really the only place to go to have meaningful conversation.

@InspectorJapp Yes blogs definitely can lead to a more complete and personal discussion. I would expect an Agatha Christie blog to do well since it is a very niche topic.

In my mind I have started to narrow down my blog topics. I have been writing about a lot of different interests but it is too exhausting (and confusing) to keep that up. I wanted to experiment first though with different areas before I narrowed it down. When I do narrow it down there will definitely be a book review/mystery novel component. That is something I keep coming back to over and over again.
  • Thank you for the informative comment. Very helpful.  I really do think you are right about social media and what suits modern tastes. I can fully understand why Agatha Christie Limited would want to move with the times. But, I think that forums give scope for in-depth discussion and the experience of  enjoyment as you're thinking and writing about your pet interest with others who share your enthusiasm. I think, myself, that social media is more a tool for giving a heads up to your friends about what is good and worth checking out. This facet is useful, because someone might decide to read an AC novel based on a Facebook like, and then really love it and be so grateful that knowledge entered their life. It is very transitory though, social media, and I don't know whether many people remember what they've scanned and liked when they wake up the next day. I look forward to reading your blogs.
  • I've recently discovered the book reviews on Amazon. These make for interesting reading, and it's good to hear the views of others.
    Griselda said:
    I've recently discovered the book reviews on Amazon. These make for interesting reading, and it's good to hear the views of others.

Yes I do that too at times. I am amazed at how in-depth some of the reviews are. Are you on Goodreads? I just signed up on that a few weeks ago and it seems like a good place for book discussion.
  • Annika said:
    Griselda said:
    I've recently discovered the book reviews on Amazon. These make for interesting reading, and it's good to hear the views of others.

Yes I do that too at times. I am amazed at how in-depth some of the reviews are. Are you on Goodreads? I just signed up on that a few weeks ago and it seems like a good place for book discussion.
    I just signed up at Goodreads last night. Took a look at the discussions and I can't wait to participate in them. 
    Annika said:
    Griselda said:

I just signed up at Goodreads last night. Took a look at the discussions and I can't wait to participate in them. 

What is your name on Goodreads? Mine is TheSeasonAhead if you want to friend.
  • Annika said:
    Annika said:
    Griselda said:

What is your name on Goodreads? Mine is TheSeasonAhead if you want to friend.
    My name on Goodreads is "Brian" . . . . I'll find you on the site.