Agatha Christie Bingo

When I visited the library recently, I saw they had created a bingo game to encourage their patrons to take full advantage of the resources the library had to offer. It inspired me to create an Agatha Christie version so that people likewise could appreciate a wide variety of Agatha Christie works. The game works like regular bingo: you win by filling in 5 squares in a row (horizontally, vertically, or diagonally). To fill in a square, you must first read or watch something that fits the requirements of that particular square and then post a comment on this website about that particular work which at least one other person likes, considers insightful, or comments in response to your comment. Although some stories may fulfill the requirements of multiple squares, you may not use the same story more than once on your bingo board and must consequently choose a single square you would like to fill with that story. When you have a bingo, please post the names of the stories and which category they fit into. If you would like to challenge yourself, try to fill the entire board. Here is the game board:

Read a work of nonfiction by Agatha Christie or about Agatha Christie

Read a short story that Agatha Christie later reworked into a novel

Read an Agatha Christie story in which a crime occurs on board a boat, plane, or train

Play a computer game based on an Agatha Christie novel

Watch 2 different movies based on the same Agatha Christie novel

Read or watch the Mousetrap or “Three Blind Mice”

Read an Agatha Christie story set in Egypt

Read a short story by Agatha Christie and watch a movie version of that story

Read an Agatha Christie novel based on a nursery rhyme

Read a story featuring Colonel Race or Superintendent Battle

Read a short story collection by Agatha Christie

Watch a movie based on an Agatha Christie story and then watch a movie based on another Agatha Christie story in which an actor from the first movie plays a different character

Free Choice!

Read the first novel featuring Poirot, Miss Marple, or Tommy & Tuppence

Read an Agatha Christie story in which the crime occurred in the past

Read an Agatha Christie story which takes place during Christmas or Halloween

Read or watch a play by Agatha Christie that does not feature Poirot

Read a story featuring Ariadne Oliver

Read both versions of the “Capture of Cerberus”

Read a Mary Westmacott novel

Read an Agatha Christie novel with a 1st person narrator

Read an Agatha Christie novel that does not feature Poirot, Miss Marple, or Tommy & Tuppence

Read one of the short stories in Partners in Crime and then read a story featuring the detective parodied in the story you read

Watch 2 movies based on Agatha Christie stories that aired in different decades

Read an Agatha Christie story featuring something supernatural

Comments

• What a great inventive idea!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I agree, I have done most of those, I haven't read a Mary Westmacott story and haven't played a Computer game based on a story even though I bought one a few Months ago by mistake after ITV3 lost the rights to Poirot :-(  and then I bought the proper DVD.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    This looks like great fun.  Thank you!