Snow Upon the Desert - is a copy available?

KaliKali Brisbane, Australia
I've just stumbled across this wonderful treasure trove of a site. I am writing a book set in Cairo 1910 when Agatha spent a winter season there and am desperate to get my hands on a copy of her unpublished manuscript 'Snow Upon the Desert'. I have searched the British Library online catalogue to no avail. Can somebody please help? I am located in Australia, so access may be an issue.

Comments

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    @Kali, if a copy still exists– and I don't know if it does– it's in the Christie Archives and probably not available to the public, I'm afraid.  I'd be interested in reading it, too.
  • KaliKali Brisbane, Australia
    Oh, that is such a shame. 
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Yeah, there are a handful of never-pubished Christie manuscripts that I'd love to see: Green's Curtain Up talks about several plays that were never published or performed.
  • KaliKali Brisbane, Australia
    I know it exists somewhere, as autobiographies of Christie quote extracts from the unpub. ms.
  • Kali said:
    I know it exists somewhere, as autobiographies of Christie quote extracts from the unpub. ms.
    I never saw excerpts of "Snow Upon The Desert's Face" in any biographies or in Christie's personal autobiography. They both refer to the book but there were no samples from the book . . . .as far as I have seen. 
  • There are at least two quotes from "Snow upon the Desert" in Laura Thompson's "Agatha Christie". You can obtain the ebook online.
  • edited September 2016
    @taliavishay-arbel, I looked online and saw some excerpts from "Snow Upon The Desert". I just requested a copy of Laura Thompson's book from the library --should get it soon ;)
  • ChristieFanForLife, I wonder if Laura Thompson will say in her book where she read "Snow on the desert". If she does, please tell us!
  • ChristieFanForLife, I wonder if Laura Thompson will say in her book where she read "Snow on the desert". If she does, please tell us!
    I will! I won't forget ;)