Favorite Christie's/Other mysteries to read in the Fall

Hello everyone,
I am thinking about doing a blog post about the best fall mystery reads. I am definitely including several Agatha Christies and I would love to hear your suggestions for Christie novels or other mystery books.

Thanks,
Annika

Comments

• Halloween, Murder is Easy and Sparkling Cyanide.
  • AnnikaAnnika United States of America
    @Griselda I love Murder is Easy, it is in my reread pile! Thanks for the recommends!
  • My pleasure. The murderer in Murder is Easy is quite sinister, I think: disturbingly so. A sort of SPOILER serial killer. Returning to an earlier conversation about Sparkling Cyanide, and the impressions I shared then,  when Agatha Christie fashions these self-made men she is quite ruthless in exposing their shallowness, as she obviously sees it. The family members in the cast of Pocket Full of Rye, don't exactly wow with their charm and warmth either. I don't think she gets this type, and, sometimes she leaves her novels a little bit lacking, I think, because she can't imbue the players with the same appeal and grit as, say, those in Taken At The Flood
  • A good fall Agatha Christie read would be Halloween Party. Autumn is approaching, including Halloween and I think that book is a great one to read
  • AnnikaAnnika United States of America
    Griselda said:
    My pleasure. The murderer in Murder is Easy is quite sinister, I think: disturbingly so. A sort of SPOILER serial killer. Returning to an earlier conversation about Sparkling Cyanide, and the impressions I shared then,  when Agatha Christie fashions these self-made men she is quite ruthless in exposing their shallowness, as she obviously sees it. The family members in the cast of Pocket Full of Rye, don't exactly wow with their charm and warmth either. I don't think she gets this type, and, sometimes she leaves her novels a little bit lacking, I think, because she can't imbue the players with the same appeal and grit as, say, those in Taken At The Flood
    Yes I think the patriarchs in Pocket Full of Rye, Sparkling Cyanide and Crooked House, to give another example, are the same sort of man. I don't remember Sparkling Cyanide well as I haven't read it recently (maybe I should!) but I would even say that Colonel Protheroe in Murder at the Vicarage could be considered in this category. Sort of the grumpy old man who controls everyone with his pursestrings and is just asking to be murdered!
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    The only time I am ever seasonal with reading is when I read The Christmas Pudding Every year.