First Marple stories compared to the last.

Does anyone have any comments on how Christie's stories differ in the later years? For example The Carribean Mystery, Bertram's Hotel and Nemesis. Some people say the pace slows down, the kind of stories she writes change and the characters within the stories change but is that the case?

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I only notice a difference between the Villagey one's (Murder At The Vicarage, Body In The Library, 4.50 From Paddington, Sleeping Murder and The 2 Mirror ones), they seem to me to be more suited to Miss Marple than the others but I do like the others a lot and prefer the 2 which mention Jason Raphael to They Do It With Mirrors, I definitely think The Characters are not so good in Carribean Mystery, They Do It With Mirrors, and At Bertram's Hotel than in other Books but that is only My Opinion.
  • katy0136katy0136 west midlands
    Thanks for your reply!
  • I always find that Miss Marple is a much older lady in de first stories, compared to the later ones. In the first stories, she seems to be well in her 80's, while in the later ones, she appears to be a slightly younger (mid 70's), more vital and more modern thinking person.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Murder At The Vicarage is far more Homely and Cosy than the latter ones.