The Eighth (and final) Murder - Reporter J.S

TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
edited October 2013 in The Mystery Man Game 2013
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=612463862130889&set=a.592366310807311.1073741827.592357640808178&type=1&theater

Congratulations to anyone who has made it this far in the game! Solve this one and you should have all you need to identify the Mystery Man. If you've worked it out then email your answer to [email protected] - also of equal importance, you should tell us why you think that person is the Mystery Man and what their motive was - the closest to the true version of events will be awarded 10 Agatha Christie novels of their choice (UK editions) and in the event of a tie, a winner will be picked at random from a hat.

*****UPDATE****** Deadline for answers will be Tuesday 29th October, winner announced Thursday 31st October.

Comments

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    This was a great twist!  Now we just need to figure out where to find the last link...  Could you please tell us when the final deadline to submit our answers is?
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    Wow. That is great to know that this is the last murder. I was starting to worry for the residents. :D
    And it would also be good to know the deadline, too. :)
    Great game so far! I hope the motive is also as intriguing as the game itself! Good luck everyone.
  • TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
    Good point! Deadline for answers will be Tuesday 29th October, winner announced Thursday 31st October.
  • I found the clue. You must not hurry and be thorough. 
  • HuilangHuilang Durham, United Kingdom
    ...So are we done or do we get other clues? I do need something to look for the eight link!
  • TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom

Huilang said:
    ...So are we done or do we get other clues? I do need something to look for the eight link!

3 visions to come!
    edited October 2013
    Tommy said:

Huilang said:

3 visions to come!
    Hurrah! I was thinking about my evil plan to find the link and almost started implementing it, ruining not only the fun, but my other tasks, too. :D
    So, based on this, reporter N.K. should deliver the visions. Why - to be consistent, or because he/she is not the Mystery Man? Then only Fern is left...
  • I found the link and know who the Mystery Man is!  Now to figure out why ...

• MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    I was going back on the statements of the 8 residents of St Mary Mead and found something I overlooked the first time, but got very significant now. Henry Birtwistle said that the newspaper was making up stories recently to "gain readership"... Was Jessica another liability?
    edited October 2013
    Maria said:
    I was going back on the statements of the 8 residents of St Mary Mead and found something I overlooked the first time, but got very significant now. Henry Birtwistle said that the newspaper was making up stories recently to "gain readership"... Was Jessica another liability?
    I thought that comment of Henry's made him the first one to be killed.
    And I just found the hidden link! Can't believe that I suspected two persons, for one of them I had extremely impossible motive and for the other I had two ideas, and now I am again in front of a dilemma. :D I hope one of them is true after all.
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    Wow, congratulations to those who have found the link already.  I haven't had any luck yet.
  • I haven't either :-(. You are not alone.
  • MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    yes, all I've thought about was wrong... let's see the next vision...
  • femaccafemacca Singapore, Singapore
    I thought I had the correct story after the first vision, but I had been scrutinising every single character on the page for the past half hour and I couldn't see anything! My eyes are all blurred now  :( 
  • Pat_septemberPat_september Gauteng, South Africa
    i'm also struggling with these misspelled words.. now i see the deadline for the game is the 29th, the deadline for submitting the 1st chapter is 28th.. anyone else busy writing?
    :bz
    I have been looking most of the morning and have had no luck.  I think I am going to need at least one more vision.
    i'm also struggling with these misspelled words.. now i see the deadline for the game is the 29th, the deadline for submitting the 1st chapter is 28th.. anyone else busy writing?
    :bz

I thought of this. If my muse comes during the weekend, I can write easily the first chapter. But only after I come up with a satisfactory motive for the story. Good luck to you!

I thought of this. If my muse comes during the weekend, I can write easily the first chapter. But only after I come up with a satisfactory motive for the story. Good luck to you!
    to you too!
    I have been looking most of the morning and have had no luck.  I think I am going to need at least one more vision.
    i will wait for the next vision as well, my brain is fried anyway
    #:-S
  • swilks1991swilks1991 Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Cant find the link :-( will have to wait for the next vision

As far as I understood (I have not read it) the story in question was translated as someones "mistake". :) I hope it is not too obvious a hint, but still can help someone after some additional thought.

As far as I understood (I have not read it) the story in question was translated as someones "mistake". :) I hope it is not too obvious a hint, but still can help someone after some additional thought.

Thanks. Still cant find it though :-( aah well maybe In the morning
  • Finally cracked. Really, really unexpected. Well, IMO, they must be following what we all have been thinking in the comments and adjust the ending.
    Now, as everybody else, time to think about the motive.
    Oh dear I'm actually Panicking that I'll never find the link and wont be able to submit an answer. Which is silly considering its only the first vision. Have found all the others without the third vision though so fingers crossed for tomorrow
  • No need to panic, I'm sure you'll find it. I was just searching all the possible words that came to my mind and that I thought could arise from the vision. It took me quite a lot of time.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I'm not getting anywhere at the moment... If anybody has a nice, oblique hint that won't be too much of a spoiler, that would be great.  Please and thank you!
  • cphh1007cphh1007 New York, United States
    О мой Бог!  That took me way too long, but finally found it!  It's a little link, so don't be discouraged if it mistakes you awhile... Happy Hunting!
  • I have given myself a migraine trying to find the link :-( I won't be able to sleep
    Based on the clues given so far, I think I have guessed the story, however have reviewed it several times with no luck.  Maybe there are other stories with mistakes...
  • I only know 1 with a deliberate mistake by the murderer