Filming in Nether Wallop, Hampshire

I live at The old Chapel, Nether Wallop which featured as St Mary Mead village school in the BBC's 1985 adaptation of "A Pocket Full of Rye". I would be interested in hearing from anybody who can identify locations of the three (?) episodes filmed in this village. Was "A Murder is Announced" (1985) filmed in Nether Wallop?

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I don't have any information I just wanted to say you are very lucky, I have lovely memories of stopping in Bramdean on the way to Newhaven. 
  • Amos_SpitalhatchAmos_Spitalhatch Hamilton , New Zealand
    Are you still interested in tracking down the appearances of Wallop in Miss Marple's episodes? I have the full set tucked away and would gladly give them a run through, noting down familiar locations, if it would help.  Nether Wallop is my spiritual home; my grandparents lived on the Wallop/Broughton boundary and I spent the last part of the War and every school holiday with them.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I would love that Amos, Thankyou.
    It's hard to say for sure that filming 'took place' in Nether Wallop, but certainly Wallop appears in most of the episodes. Sometimes there's just a brief glimpse of Miss Marple's front door and/or the village shop next door, and often a lot more. It appears in the following episodes: The Body in the Library, Murder at the Vicarage, Pocket Full of Rye, 4.50 from Paddington, Nemesis, A Caribbean Mystery and The Mirror Cracked from Side to Side.
    I hope this helps.
    There's a bonus in The Moving Finger: a brief glimpse of Willie Lott's Cottage (in Suffolk), which was painted by John Constable a number of times.
    edited February 2016
    Scenes featured include St Andrew's Church (inside and out), the shop and Miss Marple's cottage in Five Bells Lane and the Village Square (with added rotunda), and of course the Chapel. The Village Hall appears in one scene as well, and the High Street. There could be other locations which I didn't recognise.
  • CT148CT148 Sydney
    Love the names of some of the quaint English villages used in the Christie movies and novels.
  • janejane Lymington
    Murder is Announced is filmed in Powerstock, Dorset.   Gossington Hall is at Wherwell.  The lodge is at Amford as is the vicarage used in Murder at the Vicarage.  Body in the library is largely filmed in Bournemouth, Royal Bath Hotel.  The “new development” is in Nether Wallop by the sports field!