ITV BROADCASTS,NOT ENCORE

gcevans66gcevans66 Milford Haven,Pembrokeshire,Wales.UK.
Hello,i am interested in finding out if the Poirot episodes starring David Suchet are being anytime soon.
Many Thanks,
Graham Evans.

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I would love it if ITV3 won back the Rights as I would love to see The Clapham ook, The Disappearance of Mr Davenheim, The Plymouth Express and the other Adaptations of Short Stories. 
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I would love it if ITV3 won back the Rights as I would love to see The Clapham ook, The Disappearance of Mr Davenheim, The Plymouth Express and the other Adaptations of Short Stories. 
    I love the adaptations of Poirot's short stories. They're much better than some of the novels, at least, in my opinion. The short stories adaptations were very well done, they're faithful to the stories, the cast, everything is very good. Unfortunately, they weren't so careful with the novels.
  • Over the weekend, I saw a repeat of an TV hash up of The Blue Geranium, and it was pretty good. Pretty much  made up, but based around key features from the actual short story - the actual death, and events covered in other AC novels - things like kids finding a clue, (as in The Body in the Library or 4.50 to Paddington - one or t'other). It was good - very enjoyable. I bet a lot of AC novels started out as short stories, and then AC worked them up with more peripheral characters, and complex inter-relationships between them. A lot of the short stories should have been worked up into full novels, IMO, eg, The Spanish Chest: they merit it.   I know you shouldn't add to the work, but some of the short stories are very slight - there is not much to them if you don't embellish them. If you put to one side scruples about changing the stories, there is much of value in some of these Julia McKenzie Marples. In fairness to the worthy actress, she can't help but be Julia McKenzie: she can't turn herself into Joan Hickson, but I think she does the part justice, and tones herself back somewhat to be Miss Marple- ish. She certainly acts as a person who is older and wiser than the other people around her, but humble and tactful at the same time.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Yes Tudes, I love what ITV did with the Poirot stories in all but one, The Missing Will which is my Favourite, It is a shme they had to enlarge it, They should have woven it into The Le Mesurier Inheritence if they had to pad it out. The Blue Gerranium is one of the ITV Marple series that I actually like. 
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Yes, I really like Blue Geranium. And Poirot short stories. I feel as I was reading the book again. And I think it's the whole point when you watch an adaptation. Of course, there will be changes, but the reader should be capable of recognize the story that once he or she has read it and feel the same way. Sometimes you like a character, sometimes you don't. But when you watch an adapt and you think: "Who's this guy?" There's something very wrong! Sometimes they change the story so much that you can barely recognize the story. It's very sad.
    And I like julie Mckenzie. Of course, there're some adaptations that were awful (Why they didn't ask Evans?), but I like others and she played Miss Marple very well.