The Seventh Murder - Mystic Margot (AKA Margot Greer)

TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=611423212234954&set=a.592366310807311.1073741827.592357640808178&type=1&theater

Many had pointed the finger at Mystic Margot, but true to her prophecy, she has bitten the dust. But who killed her and why? With just Fern Porter left standing we may already have our answer. Discuss!

Comments

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Something tells me it's not going to be so simple as blaming Fern Porter!
  • According to the report Fern Porter is going to be released today.  The detectives can find no clear evidence linking her to the murders.

That's a pity because I've been nurturing a pleasing vision myself, one of "kind-hearted" nurse Fern Porter cutting Henry Birtwistle into collops and sending him off in Jiffy bags to the police ... still I'm not ruling her out completely, even if the detectives do.

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I found the link!  It helps to know what the three cats represent, although the clue is more commonly depicted with monkeys.  Once you know what the figures are preventing their senses from doing, you have the clue!
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    OK. IMO, Margot was killed because she was about to tell what she knows. But, why Fern is the last one standing, especially having in mind her comment: "What's my past crime you ask? I honestly don't know, maybe I do deserve this, maybe it's all my fault." I would be very curious what she can tell us now she is the only one alive.
    Anyway, I am also interested in the visions - will such be presented, after Margot is dead? Especially when we know that Fern should also die.
  • Ok I found the clue. I already knew Fern would be last one standing. But the last clue found with the death of Margot May be a big hint
  • MariaMaria Pichincha, Ecuador
    well... 7th link found... I suppose Margot left her visions and they might be delivered by the police, but the more I think about it, the more I feel this ain't about the who as it is about the why...
    Maria said:
    well... 7th link found... I suppose Margot left her visions and they might be delivered by the police, but the more I think about it, the more I feel this ain't about the who as it is about the why...
    Namely. This is the difference from now on. We will know who is it, but the motive would be really hard to find. That is why we need to come up with many ideas so that at least one is true. :)
    Now, I see connection between Roberta's crime and eventually the hotelier's or Henry's or Patrick's. Maybe she knew about one of these crimes, but lied in her testimony, which lead to one of them get away with it. Henry's, Patrick's and Guto's have also something in common - money or objects were goals of their crimes. And then we have only Ted who is still a bit aside. He has done something in person to someone. Who was it? The Mystery Man's friend or relative?
    Maria said:
    Namely. This is the difference from now on. We will know who is it, but the motive would be really hard to find. That is why we need to come up with many ideas so that at least one is true. :)
    Now, I see connection between Roberta's crime and eventually the hotelier's or Henry's or Patrick's. Maybe she knew about one of these crimes, but lied in her testimony, which lead to one of them get away with it. Henry's, Patrick's and Guto's have also something in common - money or objects were goals of their crimes. And then we have only Ted who is still a bit aside. He has done something in person to someone. Who was it? The Mystery Man's friend or relative?
    Roberta might also have lied in Ted's case. However, following the ABC Murders plot, it seems like Ted's crime might be standing out...
    Remember what I said in the "Who is the Myestery Man" thread? If either one of the remaining murders needed the action of the murderer in the crime scene, it should be "last man standing". I also think we can assume that the victim of Ted's rage was a woman, at least it is more likely, and we can also assume that the Mystery Man is a religious person given that no crime was committed on Sunday 15th...
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada

Got this one relatively quickly, both Ustinov and Suchet would be proud of me ;)

So if I have played this game right, I have 8 mysterious letters sitting in front of me.  What makes it hard is that I only have two vowels lol.  I will have to do a lot of thinking now.

• Catch this one earlier today, I was afraid to get freckles
    :\">
  • Can we make that 3 vowels.
    Can we make that 3 vowels.

Yes, I reviewed the last few puzzles and now I have 3 vowels.
  • Pat_septemberPat_september Gauteng, South Africa
    edited October 2013
    two words?
    two words?

That would be my guess too.  The theory I was working on at first was I thought that the letters were going to spell 'The Western Star,' and that the mystery man would be in that story.  However now that can't be.  I am guessing the letters  will either spell a name or a story however I can't seem to think which one.
  • edited October 2013
    how about, Fern is the real victim? and these murders are to punish her - her being right, it's all her fault. is that too far-fetched? maybe some accident will happen to her, or she might leave a 'suicide' note, maybe with a forged confession.
  • I am on fire.  I got this one almost right away.  I think it was the fourth book I tried.. 
  • got it in the first story! this one was real easy! :) 

i think the visions of Fern Porter will be of good help
    klaurose said:
    how about, Fern is the real victim? and these murders are to punish her - her being right, it's all her fault. is that too far-fetched? maybe some accident will happen to her, or she might leave a 'suicide' note, maybe with a forged confession.
    I agree with you, klaurose. :) At first, after that comment of hers, I thought she will be the last one exactly for the same reason you mentioned. Then, I got the idea that the murderer would rather have the easy-to-blame Margot and leave her last, so that they arrest her and blame her for all. But after her statement, in which she was about to tell what she knows (she was most probably an accomplice), the murderer decided to kill her first and come back to the initial plan to leave only Fern and punish her for something. But what is it and why her, I still do not know. I find only one possibility, which explains at least the reactions of the characters, but for it, I need 6 missing letters in the next hidden link (or a word I am not familiar with, but which will lead me to the same exit).
    i think the visions of Fern Porter will be of good help
    It must be. Remember - the rules of the game tell we will need all 8 hidden links to identify the Mystery Man. :) So, the last one combined with all we have now will be very useful.
    One thing I was about to forget to mention:
    Do you guys think that Margot had a past crime? The hidden link for her death leads us to a crime, but I'd rather think that it is her current crime - she was an accomplice to the Mystery Man. In the far past she might has also done something similar, but I believe she has not. It is now her first time to break the law and she was punished for it by the Mystery Man themselves, because they felt she is a threat now.
    Yes, I do think that as well; she was a liability and she had to die because of that...

• klaurose said:
    I believe this must be the case here, Fern will commit a suicide (overdose of some medicament) and most probably leave a "forgive me" note behind.