Who likes the idea of a TV series?!

HTB1996HTB1996 Stoke-on-Trent, England
I'm amazed that these stories have never been adapted. They could make a great eerie-supernatural-detective miniseries. Who agrees?

Comments

• I have read the Harley Quin ones, but not re-read much. Do they all have Mr Satterwaite in them? I know he was in some? He was in the Poirot novel Three Act Tragedy, which I like a lot, whilst accepting that it could have done with the great Agatha editing it a bit. (The characterisation and humour is jolly good) I'd say doing  Three Act Tragedy, and some more Satterwaite ones, with Harley Quin. I think they could make a good job of them, especially if they cast them really, really well.
  • edited January 2016
    I'd really like to see a Harley Quin series. It would have to be very carefully casted and directed - I see the Harley quin actor as very conventionally dressed, slightly odd but not grotesque - just a hint of something otherworldly. Satterthwaite rather on the short side, just slightly overweight, with a pleasant face and thin, light-brown hair. I'm not sure I'd do all of the stories, but definitely the first one, The dead harlequin,  The man from the sea, The face of Helen, Harlequin's lane and the harlequin tea set. Music could be used very effectively, with motifs for Quin and Satterthwaite, never exactly the same but like variations on themes, and a motif for significant statements. The main problem will be to make the episodes interesting, when most of the action is conversation.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Yes, Quin never appears without Satterthwaite, though Satterthwaite appears without Quin in Three Act Tragedy and "Dead Man's Mirror."
  • HTB1996HTB1996 Stoke-on-Trent, England
    Yes, I agree with what you say about not adapting all of the stories. I just think that the world ought to know more about Agatha Christie's other work - although I adore Poirot and Miss Marple, I think they ought to pay a little more attention to some of the other, lesser-adapted (or in this case, unadapted) works.
  • CrookedQuinCrookedQuin California, United States
    I think they should make a movie, perhaps. The stories have a cinematic flair to them. For example, you can have there be a central murder mystery in the vein of one of those stories, and all of the suspects have strange connections and secrets. Mr. Quin and Sattherwaite tap into the past and memories of these people and solve mini-mysteries in the head of the suspects, giving them character development and clues at the same time. Then, at the end, Satterthwaite reveals all with Mr. Quin and the film closed with Mr. Quin disappearing and Satterthwaite accepting him as a mystery that does not need to be solved. 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I would prefer a Parker Pyne series.