Seven Dials Mystery

Fab story but I would love to see them up date it  Will ITV or BBC have a go?

Comments

• Well, with this new deal to produce 7 new Christie adaptations with the BBC, The Seven Dials Mystery might be made into a film. All we know right now is that Witness For the Prosecution, Ordeal By Innocence, Death Comes As The End, and The ABC Murders are in the pipeline. 

Have you watched the 1981 version of The Seven Dials Mystery? If so what did you think of it? 
  • Is that right, ChristieFanForLife - the ABC Murders? so they'll have to find someone to play Poirot?
  • Is it so impossible for this thread to be about the text of Seven Dials Mystery?  It's a great book and an early example of Agatha Christie's mastery of ambiguity in order to trick us.  I find it to be the most shocking and unexpected ending of any of her books, and I consider it a favorite.  A handful of posts and yet again the discussion is off track.
  • Davers from Dublin
    re Seven Dials Mystery I have the 1980 video staring Sir John Gielgud,Harry Andrews, CherlCampbell, and James Warwick It really is a delightful video very well produced and acting is excellent. It would be interesting if they produced it again. The 1980 dvd can be purchased on amazon.co.uk  not too expensive. What do you think?
  • CrookedQuinCrookedQuin California, United States
    If they do the Seven Dials Mystery, they should do The Secret Of Chimneys too, as it is the first novel in that series. The latter has many twists in its final act, and both of them have some of the most intense scenes in Christie novels. I was surprised, frankly, at the fight scenes in The Secret of Chimneys and the quiet manipulations by the killer in the Seven Dials Mystery. Both include exquisite twists.
  • edited September 2016
    It looks like Poirot will be in the film Griselda. I don't even know why they are filming another ABC Murders. The one with David Suchet is not THAT old and I say if it's not broke don't fix it. I can't see how much more faithful they're going to make it. The David Suchet version is as faithful to the book as it's going to get. But I don't believe the focus of the remake is to be faithful to the book. 

But anyways, I digress, let's focus on The Seven Dials Mystery [the book]
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I wonder who will Play Battle, Bundle and Lord Caterham? and who will play Poirot, Japp and Hastings, I wish they were doing Cards On The Table
  • If they do the Seven Dials Mystery, they should do The Secret Of Chimneys too, as it is the first novel in that series....
    Yes,I agree.I love both books and always re-read them together.I would like to see them filmed in period,seriously,like Downton Abbey has been.
  • AnnikaAnnika United States of America
    I watched Seven Dials years ago. I will have to rewatch it again now. I think it is streaming on AcornTV.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Enjoy, It is Brilliant.
  • Are there any plans to do an up to date version of Seven Dials Mystery I so enjoyed it
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Not at the moment, but we'll see what happens in the future!