why do u like agatha christie's books?

Comments

• Great question! I love escaping into an Agatha Christie. Her books take me to another time and place where I get to see and observe and try to solve the mystery. To me, she's the prefect balance between realism and fiction, not too graphic and not too outrageously improbable; Just fun.
  • I'd say several reasons. First, I agree with Jennifer - AC takes us into a different, simpler, more human world. secondly, I like happy endings, and almost always, there is a happy ending - at least for some of her characters. And last but not least - for her flashes of human insight. 
  • CrookedQuinCrookedQuin California, United States
    I love Agatha Christie books for not only her strength in character writing and storytelling, but there is an emotional intensity that many mystery novels lack. 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

In The main I find them enjoyable, I like Most of The Books and most of the Characters of most of the books, With Most of them I am going into a world or ambience that I enjoy being in, I think a lot of Christie is still relevant today and Reading The Books can help me understand people today and I enjoy the mixture of Books.

• I like Agatha Christie's mysteries because she's intense on the human dialogue but even stranger yet, she has made her characters seem so philosophical, too.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I like Agatha Christie Books because most are very Good stories, Most of The Plots are very good, The Books are easy to read in the main and The Books help you see things different ways and have taught me a lot and Cheered me up when I have needed it.
  • shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname
    I rolled onto her books through a school reading-assignment. I liked the suspense, deciphering through all the clues she liberally leaves everywhere, of course. But also I get the feel of the society AC described and lived in herself.  Another world all together. I liked the way she made her opinions known on various subjects through her characters. and stories. 
  • purpleistpurpleist surabaya, Indonesia
    for me,, i like her book because her story was basically sets a standard in a mystery-detective story now days..
    and always, her book always feels romantic to me.
    the riddle is always thrilling of course. but still i can taste it a lil bit romantic. always.

• tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I love detective/mysteries stories. And Agatha Christie is one of the best! She wrote very great books, intricates plots, ingenious solutions, nice characters and very clever and charismatics detectives.You can read her books in one day and it's so enjoyable that you miss it after close the book. 
  • MohanMohan Chennai
    I love Agatha Christie books for not only her strength in character writing and storytelling, but there is an emotional intensity that many mystery novels lack. 
    Yes, I completely agree. Apart from all the murders, motive, plot, detection and the suspense, a few of her emotionally intense books stand out for me.  Two great examples are Sparkling Cyanide and The Hollow.  (Spoiler) In the former, I just love the way people connected with the dead Rosemary think back to her and their various views of her.

The first half of The Hollow is again very compelling for its characterizations and the emotional involvement but when Poirot makes the necessary entry, the book somehow degenerates in my opinion.  So I share AC's sentiment on this one, Poirot should NOT have been in The Hollow! :-)