Screenplay for POSTERN OF FATE

mstrsims2mstrsims2 Massachusetts, United States
I had read POF years ago, but I recently reacquainted myself with the story via Hugh Fraser's audio book version.
I became very excited by it and---just for the fun it--began making notes for a screen play.  
I would say Hugh could play Tommy, but I think Christie fans wouldn't accept him in another Christie role besides Capt. Hastings. (same as David Suchet would make a great Paravacini if they ever filmed MOUSETRAP, but that probably will never happen).  
Not sure who would play Tuppence.    
The book, although not her best, is very adaptable!  Lots of room for flashbacks and filling out the unexplained points in the book. The conclusion seems very much like Passenger to Frankfurt but that made a bit more sense overall.  
POF seems to have needed one more edit on the last chapter to explain what exactly happened to Mary Jordan.  The main clue that T&T find doesn't really go anywhere.
But of course my screenplay will change all that....  LOL

Comments

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Have you read Christie's Autobiography?  The opening chapters make it clear that the setting of Postern of Fate is an adaptation of her childhood home, and some of her favorite childhood toys become major plot points.
  • mstrsims2mstrsims2 Massachusetts, United States

GKCfan said:

Have you read Christie's Autobiography?  The opening chapters make it clear that the setting of Postern of Fate is an adaptation of her childhood home, and some of her favorite childhood toys become major plot points.

Yes  It is one of those rambling books, but with a cast like Angela Lansbury/Anthony Hopkins it could work.  Thanks for the post.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Have Read Her Autobiography, I think Pauline Collins should play Tuppence in POF
  • edited April 2017
    I much prefer James Warwick and Francesca Annis to return to the role of T&T since they played in a majority of stories, including the first book The Secret Adversary. Both actors would be about the right age to play the characters for the remaining 3 stories. And it's about time to see an adaptation of POF and see what they can do from the thickets of Christie's rambling and long-windedness. I believe a good adaptation can be made from this book. It might take more work than the average Christie mystery but it can be done. And it's time for an appropriate adaptation of By The Pricking Of My Thumbs without Miss Marple inserted in there like the previous one. And please don't have Tuppence as an alcoholic this time! 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    That would be ideal
  • mstrsims2mstrsims2 Massachusetts, United States
    Yes, I hadn't thought of that pairing.   Although Lansbury would be terrific.

I much prefer James Warwick and Francesca Annis to return to the role of T&T since they played in a majority of stories, including the first book The Secret Adversary. Both actors would be about the right age to play the characters for the remaining 3 stories. And it's about time to see an adaptation of POF and see what they can do from the thickets of Christie's rambling and long-windedness. I believe a good adaptation can be made from this book. It might take more work than the average Christie mystery but it can be done. And it's time for an appropriate adaptation of By The Pricking Of My Thumbs without Miss Marple inserted in there like the previous one. And please don't have Tuppence as an alcoholic this time!