Crooked House Movie

13»

Comments

• CrookedQuinCrookedQuin California, United States
    I agree
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    There's a preliminary poster up: take a look!  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1869347/mediaviewer/rm4241767424
    I love the style of the silhouettes. Captures the time period of the film perfectly! 
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Indeed! I loved it! Very clean and beautiful!
    @ChristieFanForLife

IMDB has the cast and crew completed. Anyone can now go to TMDB, where they confirm it will be released in 2017. It says 12/31/17 as the date has not been finalized, but now I think it will be released in September. When I said May earlier it was definitely wishful thinking. I thought they had finished filming but they were still in the casting stages into February. They will likely finish filming by April and Edit for the next few months until the movie can suitably be released. 

I am trustworthy in this adaptation. 
  • @ChristieFanForLife

IMDB has the cast and crew completed. Anyone can now go to TMDB, where they confirm it will be released in 2017. It says 12/31/17 as the date has not been finalized, but now I think it will be released in September. When I said May earlier it was definitely wishful thinking. I thought they had finished filming but they were still in the casting stages into February. They will likely finish filming by April and Edit for the next few months until the movie can suitably be released. 

I am trustworthy in this adaptation. 
    With all the unnecessary changes made to the latest adaptations I'm iffy on this one. I'll be surprised if it's faithful to the book and done appropriately.
    We don't know when it will be released yet– Murder on the Orient Express is supposed to come out around Thanksgiving, and Crooked House might try to time its release around that one way or another.  Plus, movies that want to be considered for awards contention tend to be released after October.  It's a wait-and-see situation.
  • cameronjhwcameronjhw Albuquerque, New Mexico
    edited April 2017
    I just saw on a website that the new Crooked House film will be shown sometime this summer
    Thanks! 
    I saw on imdb.com that the new Crooked House film is finally completed but it looks like it will be shown in the U.K. sometime next year. Looks like it will be shown in Germany on Sept. 14 and in Spain on Oct. 20. Hopefully we'll be able to at least to see an upcoming trailer for Crooked House.
    I hope this film will be good!
  • tutotutotutotuto Mexico city Mexico

Here is the official trailer. It looks quite good. I hope is good. From what Ive seen is gonna premire in January 2018
  • Looks great! But what's with the fire/explosion scene? I don't remember that from the book.
    Thanks for sharing this!  My guess is that Charles and Sophia met during the war, so that may be a scene from a bomb exploding in wartime... or else (SPOILERS) it's from the car crash at the end.
  • I'll go for the second possibility, because of what comes immediately before the explosion.
    I'm glad that we can finally see the trailer for Crooked House. It looks impressive and to me is set in the right time-period as the novel.  Love the costumes they are wearing in this.  The house looks grim and large. Did anyone think the house looked crooked and tangled like it is described in the book?  As to the two previous comments I agree with it belonging to the second possibility. Tutotuto said the film will probably be shown in theaters In 2018 sometime in January. Does anyone agree with that?  Christina Hendricks looks very attractive as Brenda. Anyway glad now we can get an idea what to expect for this new film adaptation of Christie's Crooked House. .  
    I just saw on Youtube this evening another new and it looks like the official trailer for the new film version of Christie's Crooked House. It has some of the scenes from the previous trailer but there are some new scenes as well. I still cannot wait to see this new upcoming and exciting film. I'm actually looking forward to seeing this than the upcoming film version of MOTOE this November. Judging by this new official trailer for Crooked House it looks like it's coming soon. Which tells me it will either come to theatres this December or next January in 2018. I hope there are others out there who are anxious to finally see a film version of one of Christie's personal favorite novels come to life.
  • tutotutotutotuto Mexico city Mexico
    According to an article in Yahoo the movie will be available on demmand on nov 21 and in theaters on dec 22. Article with the information: https://www.google.com.mx/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/entertainment/crooked-house-trailer-murder-family-affair-twisted-agatha-christie-mystery-exclusive-155839207.html

• HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England
    @tututoto Thanks for the trailers! I loved that I could spot a clear Edith de Haviland in both, but some of the other characters were slightly convoluted (I may have caught a glimpse of Brenda, though) but what I didn't like about this version was that they scrapped the 'crooked' aspect of the house! In the novel, the house is described as disproportionate and leaning slightly to one side, but in the film the house appeared quite a pleasant, grand old country home.
  • I'm more excited to see Crooked House than the new version of Murder On The Orient Express. I hope Crooked House is faithful and doesn't stray too much from the book. I hope they get it right considering that it's one of Christie's favorite books to have written and for it being the first time it has ever been filmed onscreen. 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I Watched Crooked House lastnight, I thought it was very Faithful apart from the Son constantly asking Charles about "Screwing" his sister, surely that could have been asked in a different way, I can't say I thought the bad language however mild added anything, Glenn Close and the Girl who played Josephine and the Actress's who played the Daughters-in-law were particularly Good I thought, I would watch it again if it was on and that was the best there was on, I don't think I would buy it on DVD though, I would have preferred the language to be more like Agatha Christie wrote, 8/10.
  • shanashana Paramaribo, Suriname
    Watched only part of it. Missed the beginning. 
  • mstrsims2mstrsims2 Massachusetts, United States
    just watched the dvd.  Terrific sets and costumes.   Very well done down to the last few minutes...very much like the reader reading the novel and getting the surprise(s).  enjoyable !