Ariadne with Hastings, Japp, and Ms Lemon?

I really enjoy Ariadne's perspective and the way she plays off of Hercule Poirot; but I feel a mystery is incomplete if Japp, Hastings, and Miss Lemon are not involved...Does anyone know if all 4 ever appear in a story (Ariadne, Hastings, Japp, Miss Lemon)? 

Comments

• I checked, and as far as I could find, the answer is no. Actually, Ariadne Oliver and Captain Hastings never appear together. In "Mrs. McGinty's Dead" Ariadne appears, and Poirot laments that Hastings isn't near him; In "Dead man's folly, Ariadne appears and Poirot mentions Hastings. But that is as close as they get. 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

I Think it was a wonderful Idea for The Film makers to have Ariadne and Hastings meet in Dead Man's Folly, I can understand why Agatha Christie never had them meet as neither are Professional Policemen and as Poirot is a P.I. There would have to be a Policeman on hand and it would have been a bit over-powering to have Ariadne and all those men, It worked in Cards On The Table having Ariadne outnumbered but it wouldn't have worked in other Books although It might have in Cat Among The Pigeons, Ariadne could be a Governer who asked Poirot to give Prizes at Meadowbanks or Hastings could be The Governer asking Ariadne to give prizes ab=nd she has a bad feeling about it and Hastings and Ariadne call Poirot when a Teacher dies, if they had both called Hastings Independantly it would have made a very Humorous Chapter.

• I can see ariadne in "Cat among the Pigeons" but not Hastings - somehow he doesn't fit into my concept of the story (I thought the movie was quite good, by the way). I didn't see Dead Man's Folly but I can imagine Hastings in it, and I'll watch it as soon as I can.
    Don't misunderstand me Tali, I thought both books were Great, CatP being the better of the 2 in my Opinion but I just think the chanfe I mentioned in CATP would have not harmed it and I think in order to help Poirot solve Dead Man's Folly it would not have been unthinkable for him to do the course and have a Team-mate.
  • It took me two days to figure out what chanfe is! (change, right?)
    Yes, Sorry
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    It's made clear in "How Does Your Garden Grow?" that Miss Lemon and Hastings have never met.  
    Don't you mean Hastings and Ariadne?
  • No, I think GKCfan means Miss Lemon. Poirot in "How does your garden grow" says to Miss Lemon that he misses Hastings, and Miss Lemon is bored because she has heard of Hastings and isn't interested in hearing any more - so it is clear Miss Lemon and Hastings haven't met, at least up to this point.
    Thankyou I will have to read that story again.
  • AlibirdAlibird Larkspur
    I just adore Hugh Fraser's as the voice of Adriane Oliver - it makes me giggle !!

A Good Butler would only speak when spoken to so Hastings might have net George when helping Poirot in Recorded Adventures and because George was only bringing in Drinks or serving at Table we would not necessarily know.
  • AnaAna Tim, Europe
    Can anyone please help me with this quote: "I'm not sure the Wright brothers got it right."? It's from a Poirot film most probably, said by a female character.
  • MohanMohan Chennai
    Miss Lemon would also NEVER be interested in meeting Hastings!  Hastings to me is too much of the idiot friend.  For all the caricature she is (and NOT modelled on Christie herself as I wrote elsewhere), Ariadne for me any day!  And thank god, she and Hastings never met!  Ditto with Miss Lemon!