Agatha and her publishers

Il should like to know if somebody wrote a book about relationship between Agatha Christie and hers publishers, especially Collins.
Marie-Hélène

Comments

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Marie-Hélène, I don't know of any book written specifically about Christie and her publishers.  Christie talked a lot about some of her publishers, especially the Bodley Head, in her Autobiography, and Janet Morgan's biography has a lot of information about Christie and her publishers.
  • mariehélènemariehélène Paris France
    Thank you so much. I know these books but I hoped there is a more systematic study about Christie and hers publishers !
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Hopefully, with the dramatic increase in Christie-related scholarly studies, someone will investigate that topic in the very near future!

• GKCfan said:

Hopefully, with the dramatic increase in Christie-related scholarly studies, someone will investigate that topic in the very near future!

I'm hoping that we the fans can see some bits of her rough drafts and see how much editing/revisions she did until her work was published and in the bookstores at the time. I remember listening to a video clip where Christie's grandson Mathew Prichard read a bit of the opening of a draft from Halloween Party and compared to her final printed book there were some changes and it was interesting comparing and getting a feel of her mind and the changes and additions she decided to make. 

Also, I would like to hear more information on why books like Nemesis or Postern of Fate didn't get the revisions that they should have got since not only these two but some of Christie's late work often rambles and meanders in places.