Agatha Christie's Tommy and Tuppence - Partners in Crime with James Warwick and Francesca Annis

I was just wondering what people thought about this and is it any good? I don't know much about Tommy and Tuppence, but I love AC and notice that they did allot of the stories. Just wondered what the opinion was? 

Comments

• Well the series is different from Poirot and Miss Marple but just like them, Tommy & Tuppence are mysteries but they're also thrillers as well. The Partners in Crime series are a well-made TV series and they follow the stories rather faithfully. James Warwick and Francesca are the best Tommy & Tuppence to date and it definitely beats the new T&T that aired not too long ago. I just wish Warwick and Annis would come back and film N or M?, By the Pricking of My Thumbs, and Postern of Fate. 
  • The Partners in Crime series with James Warwick and Francesca Annis are excellent! I highly recommend it. The episodes are very funny and James Warwick and Francesca Annis do a stellar job playing the roles of Tommy and Tuppence. Not only do you get almost all of the Tommy & Tuppence short stories, you also get a faithful adaptation of the novel The Secret Adversary. I have shown some of these episodes to people who were not familiar with Agatha Christie's work and they were as amused by the humor and intrigued by the mysterious plots of these stories as I was.
  • @P_Lombard, which of the episodes based on the short stories would you recommend to someone not familiar with the Tommy & Tuppence series? 
  • "The Case of the Missing Lady" is very funny. I also really enjoyed "The Affair of the Pink Pearl" and "Finessing the King".
  • One of my favorites, the one I watch over and over and over is Finessing The King. I just love the whole Three Arts ball atmosphere and how a murder happens right in a crowded place -- and the laugh after the murderer kills Lady Merivale is just creepy! The story kind of reminds of the Poirot story The Affair At The Victory Ball. 

The Affair Of the Pink Pearl is a good one too. This is the episode where Tommy & Tuppence first work at Blunt's Detective Agency. 
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    My favorite performance in that series is Liz Smith as Hannah in "The House of Lurking Death."
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

My Favourite is The Case of The Missing Lady too and the one with Lynda La Plante as she was in Why Didn't They Ask Evans?