Murder on the Orient Express 2017 Trailer.

Well, here it is folks.  There is enough in it to get me excited.  It will be my first opportunity to see an Agatha Christie adaptation on the big screen.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• sheilapmsheilapm Alabama, United States
    edited June 2017
    It looks okay, but it strays from the original; those who have not read the book will probably be okay with it. I am probably too much of a purist. Also, I have been spoiled...to me, David Suchet will always be Poirot. He was Poirot. Albert Finney would be a distant second. Peter Ustinov was laughable.
  • AgathasmykidAgathasmykid British Columbia, Canada
    sheilapm said:
    It looks okay, but it strays from the original; those who have not read the book will probably be okay with it. I am probably too much of a purist. Also, I have been spoiled...to me, David Suchet will always be Poirot. He was Poirot. Albert Finney would be a distant second. Peter Ustinov was laughable.
    Sorry, I am obviously missing something, what areas has it strayed in?  Thanks :).
  • sheilapm said:
    In my mind, the 1974 version looks like it's going to be the best MOTOE on screen that we're going to get. I'll go and watch the new one but my expectations are low. They've been low since news of the film came out from the very beginning. 
  • CrookedQuinCrookedQuin California, United States
    edited June 2017
    I loved it up until the reveal of Poirot (his mustache still bothers me, his accent was okay) the line delivery was a little hammy and unlike his usual confidence. And the music did not fit at all. Other than that, I like it visually and the direction it has. I do not know how good the script will be, but Michael Green has made some recently critically acclaimed thrillers, so there is hope. 

Also, the director has also directed solid films such as revered Shakespearean adaptions that have stayed true. Other than some questionable casting choices, I think there's a chance it could be good. It's released in prime time Oscar season too, and they would not wedge this film between two superhero films if they didn't have remote faith in it.