what is your favorite Christie?

My favorite  Agatha Christie is And Then There Where None. I find it very interesting and I really like the Ten little soldiers rythme. It goes really well with the story. I find the ending very clever and if you haven't read it, I would really recommend you read it.  

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I haven't got an absolute Favourite, with any category and when I say category I mean series I'm mean I have 5 Favourite Poirot's, 5 Favourite Miss Marple's, and 3 Favourite stand alone's, N or M is my Favourite T&T and I prefer The Secret of Chimneys to 7 Dials Mystery.
  • It's hard to choose one favourite, and it changes from time to time. But right now my favorite is "Appointment with death". Probably because I had a "Mrs Boynton" in my family, and can identify with the characters (she was NOT my mother, thank heaven).
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Wow!  Does anybody else know anybody who reminds them of a Christie character?
    I used to know a Heather Bedcock, infact I have known a few Heather Badcock's in my life
  • edited June 2017
    This is really interesting! Would anybody like to share whether reading about Characters in Agatha Christie's books helped them to deal with similar characters in real life? I'll start by saying that, as I said, I had a "Mrs Boynton" in my family. I managed to force myself to be pleasant to her till she died, but when she died it was a huge relief - to me and most her family. (My mother tells me that at her funeral I said "The sad thing is that no one is sad") However, after reading "Appointment with death, I realised the truth of Sarah's comment - that she was pathetic!  "Mrs. Boynton" helped me to remember her with pity rather than anger.
    Whenever I come across someone who reminds me of a Christie Character, having read Christie helps me understand that person and cope, I lived in a Residential Home and the Co-owner was oblivious of how damaging her words and actions were
  • CrookedQuinCrookedQuin California, United States
    A lot of Agatha Christie's characters are influenced by the actions and characteristics of real people - that's what makes them so relatable and forms empathy with the protagonists, and occasionally the antagonists, which overall provides for a better mystery. I know someone who resembles a "Gerda Christow," from The Hollow, who is unwilling to believe in the wrong of their spouse and is actually very bright when they want to be. 

As for my favorite Christie, And Then There Were None is amazing, as well as Murder on the Orient Express, but Crooked House is my all time favorite. I felt every emotion reading that book, and that ending was simply stellar. 
  • rabbity300rabbity300 London,England
    I have met some people who remind me of Linnet Doyle.