Favorite Novel Featuring Superintendent Battle

Which is your favorite novel featuring Superintendent Battle? Why?

Comments

• Warning: This Post Contains Spoilers

My favorite novel featuring Superintendent Battle is The Seven Dials Mystery. This novel has it all: a cleverly constructed plot, lots of comedy, interesting characters, a murder mystery, a secret organization, a stakeout, and clever twists.

As usual, Christie has a knack for turning insignificant details into clues that unlock the mystery. On a first read, Bill's girlfriend story seems merely an insignificant comic device. I thought it was a brilliant touch the way even that comic gem helped to unravel the mystery. The role reversal at the end where characters you think are good turn out to be bad and the supposed bad guys turn out to be good guys was also an ingenious twist that completely shocked me.

The Secret of Chimneys
    introduced many great characters. Here, in The Seven Dials Mystery, several of those characters who played smaller roles in the previous novel now take center stage alongside a team of new characters that are equally engaging.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Cards on the Table.  One of the best plots and a great cast of characters.  Followed closely by Towards Zero.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

I can't choose which is my favourite Novel with Battle, he is one of my Favourite Characters and am undecided whether my Favourite Book is Towards Zero or The Secret of Chimneys, I would probably go for Towards Zero, I love the Bundle Books and of those 2 The Secret of Chimneys is my Favourite so I might go for that, Cards On The Table is a Poirot Book and Battle only appears briefly in Murder Is Easy,

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I am torn between The Secret of Chimneys and Towards Zero, The Secret of Chimneys is my Favourite Bundle Book and I love the Bundle Books and Towards Zero is a Book which SPOILER ALERT!!! mentions Poirot as thinking about him helps him solve the Murder in Towards Zero, GKC is right, Cards On The Table has a Great Plot and has Poirot with other Recurring Characters
  • My favorite is "Towards zero". I love meeting Battle as a person and a father, not just a policeman.