Actress Muriel Pavlow and Miss Marple

mstrsims2mstrsims2 Massachusetts, United States
edited July 2017 in Miss Marple
I came across a Christie quiz from the 1970s.   The answer to one of the questions {which of the following actresses have played Miss Marple on the West End stage) included Muriel.   I see she played in a Rutherford Marple film but did she actually play her on the stage?   Thank you for any information.

Comments

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Yes, Ms. Pavlow played Miss Marple in a 1976 stage production of Murder at the Vicarage.  https://www.abebooks.com/MURDER-VICARAGE-PROGRAM-CHRISTIE-AGATHA-FORTUNE/1170838154/bd.
  • mstrsims2mstrsims2 Massachusetts, United States
    Terrific.  Thank you GKfan
    You're welcome!
    Ha!  I feel like such a dope.  I have this very large collection of Christie.  Everything from the books, books-about Christie, film, cds, and memorabilia, I actually OWN two of the Murder of the Vicarage playbills that Pavlow was in (August 1977, November 1977)   I have my various collections cataloged in Word documents.   i went back and added in dates, names, and locations to the Christie items.  Now I know what I have!

edited July 2017
    Where did you find those Murder at the Vicarage playbills? (I mean, when you first obtained them, not "where did you find them in your own collection?")
    Hi   (sorry I don't come on this site regularly and it is a month since you posted)
    I buy them on EBAY, Amazon, etc.  I recently bought 4 programs from the UK
    *Vintage 2000 Blackpool Grand Theatre Programme MURDER AT THE VICARAGE
    Along with  ANNOUNCED, VERDICT, and CARDS

Once they arrive I'll add the information to my Christie document so I know what I have.

I see– thank you!