Guess The Connection

Comments

• I'm struggling, I don't think it's a case of each set of two deaths being a suicide and a murder, and I don't think it's the case that the person who committed one murder was then killed himself (whether by his own hand or another)... I'll need to try a rethink.
  • All three of them are romantically involved with someone who acts a part. Iris Marle is involved with Anthony Browne who is an undercover agent, Jerry Burton is in love with Megan who acts the part of a blackmailer and Mark Gaskill is married to Josie who acts the part of a makeup expert for a movie studio.  (by the way, the answer to the previous trio was that they were all adoptive mothers).
  • HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England
    No, Tali, that's not it. The connection is somewhat on-the-nose, but you're getting closer 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

Mark is tied to Jefferson for money, Iris is tied to her sister perhaps (I have only read Sparkling Cyanide once because I disliked it.). and Jerry is tied to his sister since he was invalided perhaps but I have a better answer, Did they all go to London in the Book, Mark to be away from an attempt of Murder,  Jerry and he took Megan and perhaps Iris went

No, that isn't it, Tommy. Think about what Tali said, she was closer than you are...
    What does 'On The Nose' mean? I have only heard the expression once and I didn't understand it then.
    Is the connection they all go along with Deceptions of others?
    On the nose means fairly obvious and not implicit. The deception connection was very interesting, but it isn't correct.

If Jerry had met Megan and fallen in love with her in different circumstances he would be Mrs Smyngton's Son-in-law, Mark was related by Marriage to Ruby Keene and Iris was related to the 1st Victim in Sparkling Cyanide and an in-law to the 2nd Victim so they were all or might have been In-laws of the Victims

That isn't it either, Tommy. It's something fairly obvious (unexpected, in Jerry's case) but mentioned quite clearly. It's really glaringly clear in Gaskell's case as well.

Mark appears in Body In The Library, Jerry appears in The Moving Finger and Iris Marie is in Sparkling Cyanide, In each case is The Murderer albeit in Iris's Case The Murderer or one of them related to the Murderer?

I meant The Murderer was related to the Victim albeit distantly.

That isn't it either. Tali was close when she mentioned husbands and wives of the people I stated.
    So could the question be what is the connection between Josie, Anthony and Megan?
    Hmmmm.... Yes, I suppose so, it could.
    They all APPEAR to be single

HerculeandAchille are you sure of your Facts? SPOILER ALERT all 3 don't have the same marital status, 2 are single but the other is Married albeit without others knowing

Sorry I meat HerculeAndAchille
    Not at the end of the novels, Tommy_A_Jones!
  • Did Antony and Iris and/ or Megan and Jerry get married in the books? It's been so long since I read them...
  • Mrs Blair said:
    Did Antony and Iris and/ or Megan and Jerry get married in the books? It's been so long since I read them...

No, they didn't. "The moving finger ends with a conversation between Megan and Jerry, in which he says that if she decides not to marry him they will have to return the wedding gifts, and Sparkling Cyanide ends with Anthony telling Iris that they can give away the money she will get from Rosmary's estate - she still doesn't have control of it because she isnt 21 years old or married. Both couples were planning to be married at the end of the books.
    Yes, but we can safely assume that at the end of the novels, Iris had romantic interest for Tony and Megan certainly had some amount of romantic interest for Jerry.
    Is the Connection that Mark, Jerry and Iris came from different places that the people they loved lived in?

The came to The place where the Action happens, Mark Came to The Hotel with Jeff, Adelaide and Adelaide's son Jerry came too Lymstock, Did Iris come too the Party or perhaps the area?
    Not really, Tommy. That isn't it either. Think of a physical attribute, ability or quality that all the romantic interests of the three I mentioned have in common. This is really quite obvious, but you've been looking far deeper than I imagined.
    Are they all Athletic?
    You are closer…
    Are they Described as Athletically built?
    No, it is not about their build at all

Did they have a Deformity for instance did they all have a Limp?