Guess The Connection

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

Your Turn
  • Thank you!
    Here are my three: Countess Radzky, Cora Lansquenet, Dr Nicholson.
    They were all impersonated
  • That's part of the reason, but I had a more detailed connection in mind

They were all impersonated by The Murderer

• No that isn't correct. It's more how they were discovered 

They were found out because of Reflections through Glass

• HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England
    Were they all discovered through a chance remark (SPOILER Miss Gilchrist mentioned something about the wax flowers, did she not?)
  • That's not how she was first found out...Tommy has the right idea in that respect but neither of you are there yet.

Were They all found out because the imposters were wearing their Hats the wrong way?

And the people who spotted it remembered how the real people wore their Hats

• No, I’ll tell you the general idea: they were all spotted due to a physical quirk or thing, maybe you can guess what they were?
    Did they use the wrong hand? Were the real people let handed and the imposters right-handed?
  • No, that’s not it. It isn’t the same thing for each person...would you like to guess it or I’ll tell you and we can move on?
    I can only assume with the Cora Imposter it is the Hat, with the Dr Nicholson imposter it is that he said something that only Bassington fFrench would know, I can't remember who the other person is or which book she is in, If I am wrong you better say and then we can move on.
  • edited October 2017
    The Cora Imposter, when she came again as herself, mentioned something only Cora would know from her visit before - some wax flowers which had been on a table during "Cora"s visit but had been removed before the imposter came as herself. That indicated that "Cora" had really been the imposter. But I think what Mrs. Blair means about her is that she tilted her head, like Cora had always done, but in the wrong direction, because she had practiced it in front of the mirror (and of course the mirror reversed directions).
  • Oh sorry, I thought I’d replied to this.
    Basically, the imposters were all noticed via a physical difference: Cora, because the imposter: Miss Gilchrist, put her head on the wrong side (like a bird); Roger Bannister mimicked Dr Nicholl, but his ears were not the same, and the Countess, who was played by an American actress, something St Clair, was identified via a mole on her shoulder. 
    I cant check the details as on the move at the moment, and looking back it’s a little confused, but I thought it was a brilliant set at the time I set it! :)

You mean Roger Bassington-French Mimicked Dr Nicholson.

• Tommy, you want to start a new riddle?

• Yes, sorry.

OK

Tim Allerton Charles Arrundell Rhoda Dawes

• Are they all involved in minor crimes, but suspected of murder?

Yes I think you have it, they all Commit Minor Crimes which they are let off from, Rhoda Steals a Pair of Stockings, Charles steals some money and Tim Allerton Steals I think a Necklace, Your Turn.
  • Here are mine: Miss. Gilchrist, Mrs. Carpenter, Mrs. Knight
    All Companions
  • Right, but I had another connection in mind.
    Is it To d with how they appeared on Television? On Film Miss Gilchrist appears in one of the Films where Margaret Rutherford Plays Miss Marple, Mrs Carpenter appears in a Tommy And Tuppence Story which when on ITV Miss Marple was Catapulted into it and Miss Knight (I assume that is who you mean? Is an actual Character in a Misss Marple Book so appeared on BBBC and ITV in Miss Marple Adaptations properly.
  • HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England
    edited November 2017
    I'm sorry... Rhoda Dawes didn't steal anything, did she? I thought that was Miss Meredith?
    I think it was Rhoda

If I am wrong I am sorry but I honestly thought I read Rhoda was left with Stockings while Poirot talks to Anne