Comments

• tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    edited September 2017
    Thanks, GKCfan! Very interesting!
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    You're welcome, tudes!
  • Though I have my doubts of this version, I will go see it when it hits the theatres in November. 
  • ianthepoetianthepoet Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    I've seen the trailer, and it looks spectacular, however they always show the best bits, hopefully I'll get to see it when it comes out.
  • The first showing in the UK of the MOTOE was yesterday, 3 November, and I booked tickets for the 2.30 pm show. I was surprised to find that when the film eventually started, that the theatre was almost full, people have been streaming in over the last 25 minutes. The casting of some actors was disappointing, or perhaps they were not given the best script, but when there are so many suspects to interview, screen time must be limited. The Guardian newspaper review did have a concern about the setting for the second half of the film and I can see their point – it was very much head close-ups. I think the train and splendours of the Orient Express coaches could have been developed. Spoiler: There were only four coaches making up the train. Yes, I know it was winter and very few passengers would travel, but research suggests that there were four sleeping coaches, the baggage car, the restaurant car and the lounge carriage. I also spotted three continuity errors, and I would love to see the film again to confirm that I was right. Prior to the film, the talk had been about the moustache; which was not a problem, but it appeared to be in four parts, which at times did not fit together. Spoiler: Two other Poirot points, 1) who was the love of his life, Katherine? 2) Did he have a passion for reading Dickens – The Tale of Two Cities? (Which he found very amusing). Overall a great film and a must see 5/5. How will it promote Agatha Christie, pass, there was no mention of her!
  • Thanks for the review. It isn't here in my neck of the woods yet. I know I'll go to see it, though I'm reserved in my hopes that it will be really good. But I love Agatha and also Judi Dench, so - gotta go!  ;)
  • glalonzo0408glalonzo0408 Pennsylvania, United States
    I have to say that I am not a fan of this movie.  
  • Murder on the orient express 2017 is a highly enjoyable, Breathtakingly shot  film. Kenneth branagh gives a performance so powerful it almost makes your hair stand on end.

I hope they make more.