Some questions about the competition?

JaneCJaneC Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
I'm new to this site, and have a few questions about this competition.

Is the purpose to start a story, and then for other writers in the forum to continue with it?
What is the deadline for entries?
How will the competition be judged?
Is there a prize?

I'd be grateful if anyone could help me here.

Many thanks,

Jane

Comments

• Dear Jane
    The page is from a previous Write Your Own Christie competition (2014). As far as I am aware, there is no current competition, no entry dates and no prizes. However, budding authors do submit short stories to gain feedback and for general amusement. 

If you have something in mind to submit, why not give it a go!

Kind regards

Roger

• JaneCJaneC Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Dear Colonel Bantry/Roger,

Thank you for responding to my post. I was just curious about the 'competition', I'm actually glad there are no deadlines or prizes, and therefore there is no pressure. I've been dipping into the stories and they seem quite fun. I also like the idea of other authors continuing the stories and collaborating.

I'll see what I can do, but I'm reading the Murder of Roger Ackroyd at the moment, and, even though I know the ending, the writing is simply superb-especially the 'Mah Jong' scene.  It will be hard to come up with anything that equals the 'Queen of Crime', but I suppose that's not the point.

Thanks again,

Jane
  • Hi Jane
    Have you read the WYOC story - Murder in a green and pleasant land? It was fun and I liked the pressure. I think it turned out quite well. Since then a few of us have gone on to be published authors - all thanks to AC Ltd.
    I think it's still on the web site.
    Kind regards
    Roger
    Wow, I'll have to check it out-I'm away for a little while, but will look at it when I get back.

Jane
    I can't find Murder in a Green and Pleasant Land-could you please re-post it?

Many thanks,

Jane