Figurines

Welcome suggestions on how to make the figurines disappear during the stage play of AND THEN THERE WERE NONE? - Michael Burnett

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Why make them disappear? just have similarities with what happened to the victims, like a Gun shot on one or rope round another.
  • At least when I saw the play this past summer, it was a bit like a magic trick: my attention was so riveted on the action elsewhere on the stage that I did not notice when the figurines disappeared.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I suppose that you can have little sliding panels in the wall behind the figurines.  Cast members can stand in front of the mantelpiece for a few seconds, and a stagehand can reach through the hole and remove a figurine, closing it by the time the actor moves away from the mantelpiece.  Or you can have the figurines be cardboard cutouts with the backs painted the same color as the top of the mantelpiece, arranged on little switches.  At the right moment, the switch can be thrown, tipping the cardboard figure forward, making it invisible to the audience.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    You could have the Figurines by the side of the stage on a little cupboard and a stage hand goes in to the cupboard and removes it or a stage hand removes it from behind the mantelpiece.
  • anjoanjo Netherlands
    Could anyone tell me who the sculptress is of the figurines in the latest BBC adaptation of And Then There Were None?
  • Dr.SheppardDr.Sheppard Oxford, UK
    Hi @anjo I have provided an answer to this in a different section of Recent Discussions.