Miss Marples short stories.

ianthepoetianthepoet Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
I have the complete short stories and some time in the near future I hope to start them. I'm not normally a fan of Miss Marple, however I will give it a try.

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I love the Majority of Miss Marple's Short Stories, there is only 1 I am not keen on, the others I either think are Excellent or just very Good or Good, I prefer most of Miss Marple's short Stories to Most of Poirot's I think, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
  • I love Joan Hickson as Marple, and I have all the audio cds of the two collections of the short stories, the thirteen problems and Miss Marple's Final Problems which I read along to whilst I listen to them. 

I love The Short stories on Audio Cassette, with The Thirteen Problems I just sit back with my Ear Phones on and am in Those rooms invisibly observing The Characters being Brilliant, It is such a shame The Whole Book hasn't been done in Episodes, the 1st 12 Episodes starting in the rooms and The 13th would make a great Episode.

• I've enjoyed all Miss Marple's short stories very much! It is really just like Agatha Christie herself said, Miss Marple is better suited for short story collections than Poirot! Not that Poirot's aren't good, rather I prefer Miss Marple's.

I had no idea Agatha Christie had said that but she is so right, I much prefer Short stories with Miss Marple to Poirot ones, I seem to go to the same 4  Poirot short stories where as the setting of St Mary Mead and the Bantry's House make for me The Miss Marple stories slightly more enjoyable, I wish Ariadne, Race, Battle, Spense and Miss Lemon were in some short stories and Grizelda and Lucy for that matter.