Copyright / Fair-Dealing / Permissions

Hi all

I have just joined the forum today.

I am in the process of writing a non-fiction publication on Agatha Christie.  The publication is in the form of crosswords and puzzles.  Could someone tell me whether I am in a position or not to use words and characters from the works of Christie.  Any guidance, would be most appreciated.  Many thanks - Bridesheadrevisted.

Comments

• JaneCJaneC Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Hi Brideshead,

In answer to your question, I've just found this on the forum, in relation to a competition that was held in 2014 (see posts by Tuppance):

The Write Your Own Christie novel is now available to download as a PDF: www.agathachristie.com/write-your-own-christie/read-the-story-so-far/

This work has been officially licenced by Agatha Christie Limited in respect of the Write Your Own Christie competition only.

Please note that in no way are individuals permitted to write any book based on the literary works and/or characters of Agatha Christie without obtaining written permission from Agatha Christie Limited.

Any questions? Please email [email protected]

I hope this helps, maybe others on the forum will have more ideas and information.

JaneC