Magpie Murders

Just finished reading Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz. No doubt many of you are already aware of it, but just in case: it is two mysteries in one, one of them an homage to Dame Agatha and the other a contemporary puzzler. While there is a bit of spoofing going on, the author clearly respects the genre of the "Golden Age" mysteries. If you like Dame Agatha, you may like this one too. See if you can solve the riddle!

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I have read other books of his and they are marvellous, I have read the first 2 Diamond Brothers Books and The Killing Joke and a book featuring a Brother and sister Duo.

• La amistad es una de las cosas más importantes que podemos tener en la vida, ya que si encuentras una buena amiga, seguramente ella te acompañará durante toda tu vida y te ayudará siempre que lo necesites.Por eso es necesario cuidarlas y demostrarles que las necesitas a tu lado y que son importantes para ti. Para ayudarte, en este artículo de enseñamos los mejores textos de amistad para una amiga.
    frases sabias cortas
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I am in the middle of Magpie Murders.  I know Anthony Horowitz filled the book with references and homages to Christie's work and adaptations of her books.  Also, Horowitz wrote the teleplays for several episodes of Agatha Christie's Poirot.  Christie's grandson, Mathew Prichard, makes a cameo appearance as a character talking about a fictional mystery writer's none-too-subtle ripping off of Christie!