Entertainment One Acquires Rights to Agatha Christie’s ‘They Came to Baghdad’

GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
It looks like They Came to Baghdad will be adapted for television soon: 

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/entertainment-one-agatha-christies-1202846707/.

Comments

• That is exciting! Hopefully, Sarah Phelps does not get involved and whoever writes the script stays faithful to the lighter tone of this fun adventure story.
  • I don't know if this is good or bad news. We shall see 😒
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I don't know if this is good or bad news. We shall see 😒
    Yes, it's better to wait and see. So many disappointments...
  • stephenstephen London, United Kingdom
    I hope it will; this is my most favourite of all Agatha Christie's novels
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I don't really Care, I hate the Book so an Adaptation can only improve it.
  • There are two passages which I found I raced to read on as the storyline was so captivating. Firstly, at the start of Chapter 18, when Victoria awakes from being chloroformed and drugged to find herself in a locked room in the middle of nowhere, and secondly, Chapter 22 when Victoria meets her admirer in a situation he has contrived and persuades her to present herself as a member of the summit. Throughout the story, the plot appears to be complicated and the conversations between characters do not flow smoothly, but Christie allows Victoria to express her unspoken thoughts to be written on the page, which makes much of the storyline clearer to the reader. My conclusion, on the whole, an enjoyable story, but for me, not one her best. Rating 3 stars.

• Is this going to be a another BBC production? Does anyone have any more news of the production? 
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I'm not sure, andy_I.  Entertainment One has the rights, but I thought that the BBC had the exclusive rights to TV productions of Christie's work in the UK for the present.