Witness for the Prosecution - in real life?

Hello, I'm new to this forum so hope that I am abiding by the community's norms with this message.

My 13 y.o. daughter has just finished reading 'The Witness for the Prosecution', which she loved. English is not her native language, so it was an accomplishment for her. She has now become an avowed Christie fan, and is now working her way through more short stories.

She now wants to compare and contrast the story with a real case that has some similarities to the overall scenario for her summer school assignment. I've spent a lot of time searching online for her, but have come up empty handed. Clearly, I'm not a good detective.

I'm hoping that one of you expert readers will know of a similar case, or even to point her in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance.
DG

Comments

• Congratulations on your daughter's achievement! I didn't find any real-life parallels. but I thought of another direction which could be interesting - cases where a witness's obvious animosity against the accused would weaken his/her credibility. Maybe you would wish to search in that direction.
  • DGSHDGSH Shanghai, China
    Apologies for the late reply. Thanks for your kind words and suggestion.

Cheers
    DG
  • the responsibility would be to tell the truth when answering any questions while on the witness stand. A witness for the prosecution is somebody who is called to testify in front of a court by the prosecutor, as opposed to the defendant. 24h write my essays