WHY DIDN'T THEY ASK EVANS?

Am just opening this book to read....thoughts, comments? NO SPOILERS PLEASE.... thank you.

Comments

• great book, i read that like 15 years ago in my language, they change the title into "pembunuh di balik kabut" or murder behind the fog, which i found out saver or maybe less interesting,
    because this book is adventure journey, and i didnt knew that actually they just have to ask evans.
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    I like this book a lot. It's one of my favorites. I love Bobby Jones and her partner. He's very funny and she's very smart. It's more like a Tommy and Tuppence book (but not exactly) than Poirot/ Miss Marple. So, if you like Tommy and Tuppence adventures, mainly when they were young, you'll probably like this book. That's all I can tell you.
  • I liked this book alot. It wasn't too easy to figure out. Frankie and Bobby have some resemblance to Tommy and Tuppence. But Frankie is most upper class and more arch, which gives the book a little more edge. They aren't as fervently enthusiastic as T&T which is a relief. There is a kind of "will they won't they" element to their relationship which is in the background.  
  • MohanMohan Chennai
    Why Didn't They Ask Evans is an absolute romp! Wonderful fun book! 

"Frankie  look  why can't I wear a false moustache?" 

"They always LOOK so false and seem as if they'll come loose or drop off at a critical moment!" 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    It is wonderful, Escapist Caper, A pure Joy, you will be sorry there are not more with Booby and Frankie, It is wonderful, I do hope you enjoy it for many years to come.
  • MohanMohan Chennai
    @Tommy_A_Jones - absolutely!  A couple of other instances / quotes that I cherish are:

''Bobby, I don't see why someone who looks like a bitch, yes I *said* BITCH, should attract you so much!''

''When you have quite finished expressing your inferiority complex, you might see what you are doing currently on the golf course we're in!'' said Frankie coldly.

''Goodbye my dear, see you sometime when I have nothing better to do!''

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I do like those quotes.