Gal Gadot to play Linnet Ridgeway-Doyle!

GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
Gal Gadot to play Linnet Ridgeway-Doyle in upcoming Death on the Nile!
https://deadline.com/2018/09/gal-gadot-death-on-the-nile-movie-1202473170/

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

I have never heard of Gal Gadot.
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    She is best known for playing Wonder Woman over the last few years.
    I haven't heard of that Film.
  • I haven't heard of that Film.
    Tommy, are you being naive, cynical or anti-Israeli? Actually, Gadot is a professional though far from great actress, a very positive human being, and will fit Linnet's role very well. 
  • PaulPaul Australia
    I think she is a great score. She does tend to be a little wooden, but Lois Chiles in the original wasn't a deep actress either. Elsewhere, they are saying Armie Hammer in talks (presumably for Simon Doyle) and Jodie Cromer (the blond from Killing Eve) for a role

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Nothing's for certain yet, but it'll be exciting to see who gets cast and when.  If the past is any guide, we should be getting casting announcements throughout the winter until filming starts.  
    Tali I resent you accusing me of either of those things, just because I haven't heard of that person or a Film does not mean I am anti Isaraeli, Naïve or cynical, there are probably Hundreds of Foreign Artiste's or Films (Not Necessarily Foreign) that I have never heard of and thousand's of people (Not all of them Foreign) I have never heard of, You as good as called me racist, I demand an apology.
  • Tali I resent you accusing me of either of those things, just because I haven't heard of that person or a Film does not mean I am anti Isaraeli, Naïve or cynical, there are probably Hundreds of Foreign Artiste's or Films (Not Necessarily Foreign) that I have never heard of and thousand's of people (Not all of them Foreign) I have never heard of, You as good as called me racist, I demand an apology.
    I apologize! I honestly thought you were joking or being cynical. If you really haven't heard of Gal Gadot and the Wonder Woman movie then my questions sort of slandered you (I didn't accuse you of anything, I asked). But I will point out, that:
    a. I didn't accuse, I asked. I'll admit that didn't flatter you, and I'm sorry I hurt you.
    b. Nowadays, when people come across a movie or actor they haven't heard of in a context that interested them, they usually google them, rather than declaring in a public forum (twice, once for the actress and once for the movie) that they never heard of them. 
    b.  Wonder woman was very highly publicised, and Gadot's background as military instructor as well, so I had reason to doubt that you really hadn't heard of her.

Given all that, If you really didn't know about Gal Gadot, and were innocently making a statement, my assumption was wrong and I repeat my apology. 
  • PaulPaul Australia
    And now Armie Hammer is confirmed!

Thank you tali for your 'Apology' and I think that by saying you asked me if I was anti Israeli is only semantics., I would also say that even if I had googled her it would be because I have not heard of her so that wouldn't have changed things also I don't watch programmes which might mention the Wonder Woman Film so again I wouldn't have heard of her, you shouldn't assume that just because you have heard of someone other people have.

I haven't heard of Arnie Hammer and the other lady linked to the Film either.
  • Thank you tali for your 'Apology' and I think that by saying you asked me if I was anti Israeli is only semantics., I would also say that even if I had googled her it would be because I have not heard of her so that wouldn't have changed things also I don't watch programmes which might mention the Wonder Woman Film so again I wouldn't have heard of her, you shouldn't assume that just because you have heard of someone other people have.

I haven't heard of Arnie Hammer and the other lady linked to the Film either.
    Neither have I. So I googled him. His resume seems quite impressive. 
    Oh.