43rd Anniversary of Agatha Christie's Death

Today marks the 43rd year since Dame Agatha Christie died at age 85, so lets remember her by sharing why we loved her and her stories. Why do you enjoy Agatha Christie's books?
Tagged:

Comments

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    I can't really explain why her work brings me so much happiness, but her mysteries somehow entertain and challenge me more than other writers.  I celebrated by reading a bunch of her newly-released and published plays.
  • I enjoy her books because she depicts human beings and human problems. Despite the fact that I was never close to a murder (and hope never to be) I feel that the people she describes are people I could meet - and many of them people I could really like.

I also gained a liking for her books after reading her autobiography - she was a modest, caring, interesting person and it shows in her fiction as well.
  • I enjoy her books because she depicts human beings and human problems. Despite the fact that I was never close to a murder (and hope never to be) I feel that the people she describes are people I could meet - and many of them people I could really like.

I also gained a liking for her books after reading her autobiography - she was a modest, caring, interesting person and it shows in her fiction as well.
    I agree with both of you! I am reading her Autobiography right now and it is true that she is so modest and really just a genuine person. I love all her characters and that believable aspect about them, and that "aha" moment when the solution is revealed. Each time, she blows me away with her creativity... I have never completely guessed the right solution yet. I will sometimes get the right person, but have the completely wrong motive. It is such an incredible trait to be able to be able to wow every single time!