Name of the étude Vera Claythorne plays on the piano in the 1945 version of And Then There Were None

FresiaFresia Milan, Italy
Good morning, I have tried to find this piece of information on the internet but I haven't managed so far. Could someone please tell me the name of the beautiful étude Vera plays in René Clair's ATTWN? Thank you so much in advance!

Comments

• Dr.SheppardDr.Sheppard Oxford, UK
    @Fresia the film database IMDb suggests it was called Ten Little Indians and was not credited to any individual. It was Performed by Micha Auer. However, your use of étude suggests that it may be another piece of music you are referring to. If I have time I will listen to the recording.

• FresiaFresia Milan, Italy
    edited March 2019
    @Dr.Sheppard, thanks for your reply and for your kind offer of further help. As you suppose, I'm actually referring to the piece of music starting at minute 39.28 in this video: 

Vera plays not very well, as Lombard remarks, but the beauty of the étude is undeniable.

Thank you!
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Have you tried a music-identifying app?  I don't know if these apps recognize classical music, but they're worth a shot.  http://evolver.fm/2012/10/10/top-5-apps-for-identifying-songs/
  • Dr.SheppardDr.Sheppard Oxford, UK
    edited March 2019
    @Fresia - Coincidence, a friend in Australia recently sent me the version of this ATTWN film, knowing I was interested in collecting different versions of the film. I think this one has the correct ending. Have just reviewed my copy of the film. Only gives details of the Musical director and the writer of the Music Score - M. Castlenuovo-Tedesco, but no details at the end of the film. Research: After leaving Italy in 1939 he landed a contract with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer as a film composer. Over the next fifteen years, he worked on scores for some 200 films there and at the other major film studios. On Wiki - under his name and the many musical scores he wrote, it is down as Film Music: 4. ATTWN. one of the 11 that were credited to him as a composer. Does it have a name?