”Death Comes as the End”

Have you read this book ? What's your opinion about it ? I wanna start it . 

Comments

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    It's unique amongst Christie's works– set in ancient Egypt.  I like it a lot.
  • tudestudes Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    edited January 2014
    I like it very much. It's very different  from the others. There are a lot of people that don't like it. It's very unusual, because it portrays the everyday life of a woman in ancient Egypt (very different from nowadays), but as I said before, it's a great book.
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I don't like it but I admire Agatha Christie for attempting to write a book set in Ancient Egypt
  • It is a favorite of mine. It reveals Agatha Christie's fascination with Egypt as well as her brilliant creativity. Although the novel is so rich in local color and flavor, the characters have the contemporaneity that is so typical of her work. The element of evil is so well portrayed and so alive that the fear felt by the main character can be shared by the reader. Another feature is the mystic and constant presence of the Nile that is an essential thread holding the past and the present together.
  • I love this book, so Ive read it several times. It might not be the best mystery that she wrtote. But the whole atmosphere and detail into Egyptian life is fascinating. 
  • MohanMohan Chennai
    MissQuin said:
    I love this book, so Ive read it several times. It might not be the best mystery that she wrtote. But the whole atmosphere and detail into Egyptian life is fascinating. 
    Absolutely @MissQuin! The sheer uniqueness of this one makes any weakness about it pale in comparison. However I have often heartily wished Christie had chosen a better sounding title than the current inane one. I know its supposed to be a quote from somewhere that Christie was fond of but the title leaves me cold! 

Death Comes as the End...

Wow! Really! You don't say?! How truly insightful!!!