Can you find the novel with these clues?

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

You have to identify a book from 4 words.

I guess Death In The Clouds 

I would happily speed things up, 1 a week is stupid, we should be free to guess and as soon as someone guesses they set another, that makes much more sense
    I forgot to say having 1 a week means I don't want to play, perhaps others feel the same.
  • HiSerourB
    It's an easy concept, but can be quite a search!  Four words are given from one of AC's books.
    Words that are meaningful to that particular story chosen by the "winner" of the previous round.  Now it's up to you to try to guess which AC book they are from.  If you look back over some prior clues and winners, you will see the examples.  The first person to guess the novel gets to do the next round of clues.  Good Luck!
  • Serour, anyone can play, what happens is one person at a time on a Wednesday will post four clues which are related to a particular book that Agatha Christie has written. Then, everyone else is free to guess which book the clues are about. The first person to post the correct answer is revealed on the following Tuesday and then that person gets to pose their own set of four clues to everyone else the day after(Wednesday).

I'm not so fussed about the days that we post and what not but we should probably reach a consensus before we change it.

• LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    edited January 2014
    jennifer said:
    Ok, here goes.  Hey, does anyone want to speed this game up - rather than once a week?  Just wondering....
    Four clues:
    GLOVES.......BRIDGE.......EAR........RETIRE
    You got to be kidding me! This is the book I wanted to give hints for after I guess someone else's hints. :D (And I had a hunch that one might make us guess it just before I am able to post my hints, but never believed it will truly happen!)
    Well, it must be "Murder Is Easy" (or "Easy To Kill" as an alternative title)...
  • Maybe once the correct answer is given, the person who posed the question could wait one more day, then say the winner.  I noticed that after I guessed Sad Cypress, several days went by with no guesses because most people knew that was it.  Then the winner could post his/her words either that day or the next.  What does everyone think?  How about if we make our consensus at 5 people?  Or is that too few?

I vote for Jennifer's Brilliant solution, It used to be that way with the old Site so why suddenly Change, It doesn't make sense,

I also would like to speed the game. Wait at least one day (or more only in case the winner is not available and could come back later). I would just not like to have more than one winner within a day (i.e. one winner, their hints and a new winner for them all in one day).
    That would be very unlikely Lyubomir but then that would mean the person setting it would have to lift their game and make it hard which would help them and others, I do accept that at certain times it could be tricky like if you set one and yours gets solved while you are on your Summer or Christmas Holidays you wouldn't be able to tell someone they had one so perhaps if your Holidays or a spell in Hospital is coming up you should excuse yourself from setting one or if you guess one and are going holiday soon say that someone else can have your go and if like say Jennifer For instance sets one and I guess it, give me 3 days to set one and if I hadn't in 3 days then someone else have a go.
  • Yeah I'm happy to speed it up so long as no one posts any major objections.
  • Hi all....so why don't we set it that once the correct guess has been made, the winner can be announced the following day. Then if the winner hasn't posted questions within 3 days, then we just pick one of us to put out new questions.  I think that sounds much more fun than waiting a whole week.  So far we've had 4 votes for this - say we get one more?
    edited January 2014
    Yes, I am for this. :)
    (Just one remark, no need to discuss or take it - the best approach IMO would be to choose the second who guessed the novel correctly.)
    Why not the person who guesses correctly is given 3 days to go next then if they don't have a go whoever jumps in next has a go?
    Why not the person who guesses correctly is given 3 days to go next then if they don't have a go whoever jumps in next has a go?

OK, this is also a possibility and I am sure it will be successful.

Now, shall the winner be announced (if there is such for the last set of hints)?

• Ok.....there is a winner....Lyubomir.Lale!  Murder is Easy/Easy to Kill
    Gloves - put on by the killer to go out for a walk on a nice day?
    Bridge - one victim was pushed off a bridge
    Ear - I didn't want to say "cat" but Wonky Pooh had an ear infection that poisoned the Dr.
    Retire - Luke was a retired cop

Lyub - you still could have used this book -  just different clues!  That would have been awesome cause no one would have expected the same book 2 times in a row!
    Good Job!
    jennifer said:
    Lyub - you still could have used this book -  just different clues!  That would have been awesome cause no one would have expected the same book 2 times in a row!
    Good Job!

Yes, I had this in mind, too. But seeing those hints made me overemotional as I was not believing that it could be the same book. :D
    I will be ready with my set of clues later today (as per the new rules).

I am ready now with my clues:

painting, poison, widow, table

After The Funeral
    After The Funeral

Exactly. :) I was wondering if someone will say another story becasue of two of the words, but the very first guess was the correct one!
    Tommy_A_Jones, you can continue.
  • Remind me again what the significance of the table was....was there something on it, or was it the table itself that was unique?????Thanks.

O.K,

GOLF MOUSTACHE TRAIN CAR 

• SPOILER:

A malachite table that the girls of the family squabbled over and that had a vase of flowers on it that could only have been seen by the murderer in situ if she had been to the house on the day of the funeral
  • @ Tommy: why didn't they ask Evans? ?
    edited January 2014
    jennifer said:
    Remind me again what the significance of the table was....was there something on it, or was it the table itself that was unique?????Thanks.

Wax flowers were on a table. This was one clue for Poirot against the murderer.
  • ZeddieZeddie Ballymoney, United Kingdom
    Murder On the Links
  • Thanks everyone! 

Yes Golf is being played when the Body is found, , Lady Derwent and Bobby Meet on a Train, An accident occurs to get Lady Derwent into the House and Bobby Grows a Moustache 

• Tommy - which book was correct?  Why Didn't They Ask Evans? or Murder on the Links?  I don't have those books in front of me so I don't know.  thx
  • It's Why Didn't They Ask Evans?