Can you find the novel with these clues?

Comments

• Fast work Zeddie - I like how you told the meaning of each clue.  That way there is more to it than just guessing!  
    Mrs. Blair - Was your clue "collection" referring to the money collected at a church? Or did someone have a "collection" of something.  That was the clue that stumped me!
  • Apologies, l shall rectify. The rock was the 'wrong rock' that Lawrence brought for Miss Marple's garden; the dress that Ann was wearing was so tight that there was no possibility of concealing a revolver underneath it; the picture of the first Mrs Protheroe was slashed by Lettice in an effort to disguise the subject, and the collection was the church collection, which I think Hawes the curate had been dipping into.
  • Sad_CypressSad_Cypress Kauno Apskritis, Lithuania
    Zeddie said:
    Is it The Hollow?

Veroinca Cray calls to borrow a box of matches. 
    John Cristow is found bleeding into the water in the swimming pool and Henrietta Savernake drops the gun into the water apparently by accident.
    Henrietta hides the real gun that was used to kill John in a sculpture of a horse.
    Gerda drinks the poisoned tea she had brewed to kill Henrietta by mistake and kills herself.
    Yes, Zeddie, you are right! Your turn to take the wheel :)
  • ZeddieZeddie Ballymoney, United Kingdom
    Brilliant!! I ,love that book!
    A big country house is a fantastic setting for a murder and the twist at the end of this one makes it a real classic!!

Ok, here goes then... my clues are.....

India, blackmail, anaesthetic, chest

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    One Two Buckle My Shoe
    Wow Tommy that was fast work!!

One, Two buckle my shoe is correct!!

India is where Mabelle SainsburySeale was working as an actress with Gerda when she first met Alastair Blunt
    Mr Ambereotis was blackmailing Mr Blunt
    Mr Ambereotis was administered a lethal dose of anaesthetic
    The body of Miss SainsburySeale was discovered in a chest in the home of Mrs Chapman

Sorry if that was too easy! Can I check, are we only giving clues to novels or can we also use short stories as well??

Your turn now Tommy_A_Jones!
  • Ok Tommy - give us some good clues!!
  • Tommy is thinking and studying.....

I got it From Blackmailing and Anaesthetic and took a Guess. Here Goes;

DOG DOOR LETTER NEWSPAPER 

Is it A Murder is Announced?

Yes The Dog has to be picked up by Miss Hinchcliffe, The Door is sealed up at Little Paddocks. The Newspaper has the Advert and a Letter tells Miss Blacklock that someone is an Imposter., I thought for ages to think what I could do and realised with other books I could only think of 2 or 3 words so ended up with that feeble attempt one of the books on my TOP 10.

Your Go Zeddie

Thanks Tommy!!
    I have 4 clues for a novel but can I suggest can we also start giving clues for short stories as well as we are starting to run out of novels!!!

My clues are....
    1.Spy
    2.Letters
    3.Rug
    4.Window
  • I'm okay with short stories as well as novels.

• Ok I will plump for murder in Mesopotamia. Happy with short stories too.
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    I am also fine with short stories. :) And repeating a novel. :P
  • Zeddie You can post clues from every story or short story AC wrote :)>-
    The Secret of Chimneys
    We would have tp remember to state wether what we were setting was for a Novel or a short story.
    That is supposed to say we would have to remember to state if it was a Novel or short story,
    Mrs Blair you are correct again!!

Dr Leidner, aka Frederick Bosner was a spy for Germany
    Louise Leidner was sent letters by Dr Leidner every time she began a new relationship
    The rug in Louise Leidners room was moved as there was a blood stain on it
    Louise Leidner was murdered when she saw a mask at her window and was struck by a heavy stone.  This was also the word that Miss Johnson was trying to say as she was dying after her glass of water was switched with Hydrochloric Acid

So glad everyone has agreed to short stories as well!! This will make the game alot more interesting! I agree that it should be stated at the beginning if it is a short story or novel.

Your go Mrs Blair!

• I have just listened to the audiobook for the umpteenth time, so well on my radar. Thanks. I'll come back tomorrow with clues.
  • Poirot Loses A Client
  • OK here goes:

Family, river, woods, puzzle

Dead Man's Folly?

Is the last answer under a different name? I don't recognise it.

• Well done Tommy! I thought you might get it, as I saw Saw that you are currently reading it! :)
    Family represents the mother son connection, the river is where the Grandpa was killed, the woods are where Marlene saw a murder and the puzzle represents the Murder hunt.

Here Goes then;

SHIP FATHER WIFE DUCHESS

• Murder In Mesopotamia?

Appointment With Death
    Forget That Post, It has been such a long time since I played this game I have forgotten the answer and thought I was supposed to be guessing, Someone else should set one and I will hopefully guess one and be better organised in my Brain, I am very Sorry.
  • HerculeAndAchilleHerculeAndAchille Harrogate, England
    edited September 2017
    Is it alright if I have a go?
    GAMES SPY GEM CRASH