Dyslexia

Good morning ,
I would like to ask a question about Agatha . I am a Brazilian psychologist , studying dyslexia for many years . I have a daughter and two brothers that are dyslexics and very intelligent . Today the scientific world studying very positive aspects of dyslexia , such as creativity , (which Agata seems to possess undeniably a unique creativity ) , memory ( mentally articulate a literary work completely and put it in the paper after it's all over is a sign of very healthy memory) ; readability of the human being and use this insight in literary works , as did Agatha is a unique skill . But what strikes me is the originality, undeniably . I wonder if there is official record regarding the Agatha disclosed dyslexia , as this information can make a difference in the lives of dyslexics who suffer from discrimination and lack of ability of parents and teachers at the time that these dyslexics are educated .
Information about how writing such as if she had a scribe , or analysis of written work , or if these writings are available for analysis . What was the reason that made Agatha attend school for a period of time so short ?
I greatly appreciate your attention .
Monica from Brazil

Comments

• TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
    Hi Monica,

There isn't any record of a dyslexia diagnosis but it is well known that Agatha Christie had trouble spelling.

"Writing and spelling were always terribly difficult for me. My letters were without originality. I was...an extraordinarily bad speller and have remained so."       

It wouldn't be a problem to make the assumption that she was dyslexic, others already have. 

• GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    We may never know for sure.  Christie was homeschooled, and apparently her mother gave her most of her lessons growing up.
  • Would John Curran know is she had dyslexia ? He's done such excellent extensive research on her writing, after reading so many of Agatha Chrisite's personal notebooks.