Chaper Five: A Body is Found

TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
edited February 2014 in Write Your Own Christie
A body is found - but who is it?

Any suggestions, comments or thoughts on how to go about presenting a body in a murder mystery please leave them below. Agatha Christie was very specific about the way she presented her murders - minimal gore, not too much horror or blood - is this how you plan on writing the scene? Let us know below.

If you want to take part in this month's chapter of Write Your Own Christie, head over to http://www.agathachristie.com/write-your-own-christie/take-part-this-month/

Deadline for Chapter Five entries is 23rd February 2014, 23:59 (GMT)

Comments

• Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    At The end of a Treasure Hunt
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    I like entering new dead bodies unexpectedly. Even for the detective. :)
    But who it should be this time...
  • GKCfanGKCfan Wisconsin, United States
    Whoever the victim is, it will take the story in a new direction!
  • Pat_septemberPat_september Gauteng, South Africa
    I have to say, working on these chapters is much more fun then I expected it to be! Challenging, but thrilling at the same time. And so many times I felt like taking off my hat in front of Agatha Christie - for the high quality of her work; suddenly not a piece of cake anymore when you have to deal with it yourself!
    =D>
    I've just submitted my entry for Chapter Five... Oh, no, we're half way through with this competition!
    Good luck, everyone!!
    ~O)
  • It has been SO enjoyable, I agree.  Just an honour to even enter a competition like this!!

It has been SO enjoyable, I agree.  Just an honour to even enter a competition like this!!
    fully agree!
    ~O)
    Well done, Anna. Cool chapter!
    ~O)
  • anna.sjardinkillickanna.sjardinkillick New Zealand
    edited February 2014
    Thank you SO much Pat! How lovely of you to congratulate me. I felt very humbled, as no one can compare to Christie. Did you get a mention or second place? I wasn't sure if you were writing under a nom-de-plume :) I hope you did!
  • TuppenceTuppence City of London, United Kingdom
    @anna.sjardinkillick
    Congratulations on a fascinating chapter - this story is moving swiftly!
    Thank you SO much Pat! How lovely of you to congratulate me. I felt very humbled, as no one can compare to Christie. Did you get a mention or second place? I wasn't sure if you were writing under a nom-de-plume :) I hope you did!
    Thank you, Anna, but my chapter wasn't one of the top three.
    Sorry for using such a slang to describe your entry - especially on this website! I honestly thought your winning chapter was exceptionally good, maybe the best so far! Keep up the good work!
    ~O)
  • That is so lovely Pat -  I really appreciate it.  Well I hope you win next time! I didn't notice any slang! And thank you Tuppence!
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria
    Congratulations, Anna! Indeed, this is a great chapter. I had the feeling that I was there, an invisible person who spotted every action and movement of the characters. And this is one very important aspect for me as a reader - to have a clear picture in my mind about the scene, as if it is in front of me.
    I can see that now the story becomes even harder to write. There are some few things that need very careful description and the final two chapters should explain everything in fine details.
    I have written for some chapters, I have sent once or twice my entry, but I definitely like the winning chapters more.
  • Thank you so much Lyubomir - that is so kind! I am so pleased you felt like you were immersed in the story :) I completely agree that the story gets harder and harder to write.  There is so much detail to include and so much fact-checking!  I wish you all the best with your next entry!!