How do you change your username?

Hi there :)

I went into edit profile to change my username but it wouldn't let me.  Does anyone know how to change this?

Thanks!

Anna :)

Comments

• I don't think you can change your username, sadly. You might have to create a new account. 
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    I think you can change your username, I have done it previously, try clicking on the Homepage and then your username and go from there.
  • TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
    Just click on your username in the very top right of the screen on the green bar, then on the next screen look for the little head and shoulders silhouette icon on the right side of the screen lower down this time - it is roughly in line with the large version of your username and image - it will allow you to edit your profile and username.  
  • Tommy_A_JonesTommy_A_Jones Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
    Thanks, I might just stick to the one I have but it is good to know how to do it.
  • Thank you :)
  • I followed the instructions you gave Tommy but it won't let me change my username. Does that have something to do with my account being linked to Facebook?
  • LL88LL88 Sofiya, Bulgaria

I also was not able to change the name from the forums. But I did it from the official web site, which also logs me with the same account the forum does.
    So, on the official web site, I chose "Your profile", then "Update" and then "Update" under the "Personal details" section. After that it is self-explanatory. :)
    I am happy now to have my new username on the forums, too. :) 

• Okay great thank you :)
  • TommyTommy Vale of Glamorgan, The, United Kingdom
    Thank you LL88 for your help!
  • MoonrakerMoonraker Wiltshire, United Kingdom
    I originally registered through Facebook and could see how to change my username. I re-registered and then read how to change it (as above)! I will now keep to this username, but have altered the first one to include my Moonraker name! Thanks for the information on how to change it! 
  • StathisZavitsanosStathisZavitsanos Attiki, Greece
    I have followed your instructions but I still cannot change my name 8-|
  • FrankFrank Queensland, Australia
    After you read this log out.
    1. Log in
    2. Go to Your Profile
    3. Click on Update
    4. Under Personal Details click Update
    5. Go to Screen Name and change it to your new user name
    6. Click Save